Poll: Am I the only person who only liked the first Matrix movie?

undeclared

Oct 24, 2005
I dunno, I thought #2 and #3 were completely overdone and uninteresting for that reason.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
I didn't even like the first one and as a result I have not even watched any of the other ones.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
I thought it was pretty much the general consensus that 1 was superior tothe sequels

undeclared

Oct 24, 2005
I dunno, I was so disappointed with the sequels.. They just SUCKED.

They had like little to nothing interesting or to offer.

Feb 19, 2001
2 wasn't WOW in terms of plot, but it had tons of action. To me that kicked ass. There was enough plot to fuel me, but nothing that amazed me.

3 was outright stupid.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
1 was by far the best, but I liked 2 as well.

3 on the other hand was pretty bad.

Mar 11, 2004
I feel that the sequels actually hurt it overall. If it was just the first movie, I'd still like the Matrix, but now pretty much don't (its ok, but I won't go out of my way to watch it). I don't like the second one much, and I've only seen the third one once (and I remember liking it better than the second but still nowhere near the first). Oddly enough though I don't like anime much, I did like the Animatrix. While I haven't seen the third film, I also kind of feel this way about the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dighn
I thought it was pretty much the general consensus that 1 was superior tothe sequels

Agreed...everyone liked the first one, but not the others.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: DLeRium
2 wasn't WOW in terms of plot, but it had tons of action. To me that kicked ass. There was enough plot to fuel me, but nothing that amazed me.

3 was outright stupid.

Oct 4, 2004
The Matrix was an awesome, memorable, instant-classic. 10/10
The Matrix Reloaded: Burly Brawl and the Freeway scenes were awesome. So was the scene where Trinity breaks through the window, wields dual pistols and unleashes lead. But then, they had to bring in The Architect at the end and have Neo bring Trinity back from the dead. The Twins sucked. I still haven't figured out what Monica Bellucci's role was. 6/10

The Matrix Revolutions was a couple of guys in those MechWarrior-thingies, looking up and shooting at a hole in the ceiling for 60 minutes. Yeah, that pretty much killed it for me. 3/10

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
I wish they hadn't made any sequels. Better to keep this idiot in suspense. :(

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
The first was obviously better but the 2nd was great too, I think the one that was pretty subpar was the third... Anyway, as a trilogy they all work together nicely

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
2 was mediocre, 3 was downright horrible. The chase scene with endless cars on the freeway angered me to no end. First assploding car and the entire side of the road would be shut down. The defense at Zion was horribly laughable. What stupid fucking machines they built. They "looked" cool, but why would you build mobile walkers to defend a city, and then need reloader crews.

scrawnypaleguy

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2005
Pretty much everyone agrees that the first was awesome and that the two sequels were nowhere near as good as the first, but I personally enjoyed the second one. I thought the visuals and fight scenes were cool, although there were a few weird parts (hey, the machines are coming to kill us -- orgy time!!). The third one sucked, too much flying and Agent Smith got weird and wasn't cool and scary anymore.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I thought all 3 were great movies that look excellent on HD-DVD. I think a lot of people wanted the movies to go a certain direction, but they went a different one.