Poll: 70% of Republicans still don't think Joe Biden won the election. Why?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Why do 70% of Republicans still think Biden was not legitimately elected?

• Total voters
Mar 11, 2004
This is what projection and denial in one looks like:

She can be appalled all she likes, we know she'll just march along with them anyway so she can STFU or change if she's got a problem with how things have been going for them.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Hm, maybe you could address the literal statement that I made instead of redirecting to a different thing that I haven't said a peep about?
For simplicity, I'm talking about THIS statement RIGHT HERE:
"It sure comes across like you don't think any of the GOP leadership bears any culpability for the insanity running rampant through their supporters, and if so, that's certainly a thing I disagree with you on."
If I "misinterpreted your vibe", that means you DO think they're culpable to some extent, and you're willing to clearly state such?

sigh

Yes. Is that clear enough?

The problem is you replied to my post about "No i willingly join those who support Democrats expanding scotus and Bidens tax plan. with "you don't think any of the GOP leadership bears any culpability for the insanity running rampant through their supporters ". Well ok then. No idea what that has to do with my statement, but whatever.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Trump drags House GOP deeper into his theater of lies

When the House Republican Party moves against Liz Cheney this week, it will prove that it prefers to unite behind a lie rather than stay divided over truth.
The expected ouster of the third-ranking Republican leader in the House over her repeated rejection of Donald Trump's election fraud falsehoods....

The party leaders like to play dress up and pretend they are not rabid dogs.

I am definitively stating that they are, and worse, than their followers. Despite some feigned gentle appearances, their actions speak louder than words. They stood by Trump twice on impeachment, they attack anyone who steps out of line and says "this is wrong". They are the problem.

Your previous response tells me there is a huge disagreement.

So in other words, we have no idea whatsoever.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
OK, here's my idea: People are not concerned about this. Biden's the president, nobody in their right mind denies this. It's a loaded question, is what I'm saying. You approach a registered Republican, hold a microphone to their face or shove a piece of paper in front of them asking them if they think the guy they didn't vote for legitimately won after all the shenanigans that went on (the denial brouhaha), sure, a whole lot are gonna say they don't. It's just the way things roll. Do you get my meaning? The great majority of them are doing nothing concerning this, absolutely nothing. Yes, Trump and the Republican party are traitorous in having pitched their hissy fit. But saying their constituencies believe this stuff just because polling comes up with statistics doesn't really explain the situation.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
sigh

Yes. Is that clear enough?

The problem is you replied to my post about "No i willingly join those who support Democrats expanding scotus and Bidens tax plan. with "you don't think any of the GOP leadership bears any culpability for the insanity running rampant through their supporters ". Well ok then. No idea what that has to do with my statement, but whatever.
Yeah, I was more about the general thread topic than the specific sub-discussion.
And thanks for being direct :)

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The great majority of them are doing nothing concerning this, absolutely nothing.

They want voting changed so that the 2020 election cannot happen again. Because they were "cheated" by "fake votes", they must take action to stop the "fraud". Hence voting changes across the nation. This is not meaningless chatter, the alt-reality has real consequences. It translates into action.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I usually get to hear some interesting conversations from folks at lunch, and today wasn't much of an exception. The recent efforts in Arizona came up, and of course, I heard all sorts of remarks. There was something about China changing votes... about how they (supposedly) tested some voting machine that flipped between D to R, which was used in a heavy Republican county. The person even tried to suggest that we'd find out that Trump actually won states like California. 🤨

What was kind of interesting is that even though there have been multiple audits of the Maricopa county election results prior to this one, the person seemed to suggest that they were willing to accept these. Although, I wonder if that's only until the next bit of MyPillow-hugging conspiracy theory gossip comes out to suggest that there's even more Red Herrings to look for.

Another interesting thing is that there seemed to be an overall disdain for politics in general. Someone else mentioned "How did Biden get the most votes in US history? He isn't even charismatic! It was even during a pandemic too!" I brought up the prevalence of mail-in voting during the election, and that opened a can of worms in and of itself. But what I found intriguing is that these same people who were all about the conspiracy said things like "both parties use mail-in ballots to cheat and stay in power." I thought it was odd to hear them speak bad of "their own".

Although, one awkward thing is when someone tried to tell me that the Democrats are the ones that are unified in their opinion and purpose and not the Republicans. I just said, "I'm pretty sure you have that backwards."

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I cannot tell if you agree or disagree. Your post seems negative, but offers nothing.
You claim "no idea" about what, exactly?

Hard to follow, I know. Earlier I posted an article with quotes from GOP members that say he says Trump has very little influence over the GOP party in general (elected, not followers), and you post an article saying Trump plays a big influence. So my comment is, we dont know. I have no idea what you mean when you ask if I agree or disagree.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Hard to follow, I know. Earlier I posted an article with quotes from GOP members that say he says Trump has very little influence over the GOP party in general (elected, not followers), and you post an article saying Trump plays a big influence. So my comment is, we dont know. I have no idea what you mean when you ask if I agree or disagree.
If you claim to not know weather or not the orange turd plays a big part in GOP politics right now then your tiny brain must be broken!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The third ranking GOP member is being purged from her position because she won’t lie and say Trump didn’t lose.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
If you claim to not know weather or not the orange turd plays a big part in GOP politics right now then your tiny brain must be broken!
If you're totally new around these parts, this guy is one of the BothSidesDoIt™ Conservatives who will continuously feign ignorance of anything any Republican has done, is doing, or will do. It will be retreads of, "who is Trump?", "I didn't vote for Trump", and "I'm just asking questions", aka JAQ'ing off.

BothSidesDoIt™ trolls do this because it allows them to pretend to have integrity, and bypasses the mental discomfort of putting in political repentance for their political grace after enabling Republicans to actively and openly destroy the country over the past 40+ years.

Or, in other words, you're wasting your time arguing with a US Conservative who has voted in favor of the destruction of the country for their entire adult life and is now saying, "I'm totally surprised that the Republican Party that I've been voting for is full of Republicans!".

The person you're attempting a good-faith discussion will also attempt to persuade you that the center between sane progressives and outright fascism is somewhere along the axis where Gaetz and Taylor-Greene are currently creating a party advocating for the violent overthrow of the current US government.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
If you're totally new around these parts, this guy is one of the BothSidesDoIt™ Conservatives who will continuously feign ignorance of anything any Republican has done, is doing, or will do. It will be retreads of, "who is Trump?", "I didn't vote for Trump", and "I'm just asking questions", aka JAQ'ing off.

BothSidesDoIt™ trolls do this because it allows them to pretend to have integrity, and bypasses the mental discomfort of putting in political repentance for their political grace after enabling Republicans to actively and openly destroy the country over the past 40+ years.

Or, in other words, you're wasting your time arguing with a US Conservative who has voted in favor of the destruction of the country for their entire adult life and is now saying, "I'm totally surprised that the Republican Party that I've been voting for is full of Republicans!".

The person you're attempting a good-faith discussion will also attempt to persuade you that the center between sane progressives and outright fascism is somewhere along the axis where Gaetz and Taylor-Greene are currently creating a party advocating for the violent overthrow of the current US government.
As I do with all forums I've joined, I lurk for a good while to get a feel for who's who. I know that posters posting history, I know exactly what he is...and he deserves no good faith intelligent level discussion from anyone.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Thats a cool picture of how you see me, idiotic as it is.

BTW you say I say ""I'm totally surprised that the Republican Party that I've been voting for is full of Republicans!". Can you tell me the last Republican I voted for? Hint: it wasnt federal.

edit: Also to show what an idiot YOU are, Ive said a few times in this very thread I support two specific Biden strategies. Is he a Republican?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
As I do with all forums I've joined, I lurk for a good while to get a feel for who's who. I know that posters posting history, I know exactly what he is...and he deserves no good faith intelligent level discussion from anyone.

Glad youre fitting into the fold here!

BTW Yes I both sides everything. Also, there is an ignore button :)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
To some, yes, So?
I think the purging of the third most powerful Republican in the house based solely on her unwillingness to repeat his lies indicates he has a lot of power.

Remember, the woman she is being replaced with is far less conservative on policy issues. She’s just more willing to repeat his lies.

EDIT: at this point how does any self respecting person call themselves a Republican. It’s just a lie fueled personality cult. What a disgrace.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I think the purging of the third most powerful Republican in the house based solely on her unwillingness to repeat his lies indicates he has a lot of power.

Remember, the woman she is being replaced with is far less conservative on policy issues. She’s just more willing to repeat his lies.

EDIT: at this point how does any self respecting person call themselves a Republican. It’s just a lie fueled personality cult. What a disgrace.

Agree.