Poll: 70% of Republicans still don't think Joe Biden won the election. Why?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Why do 70% of Republicans still think Biden was not legitimately elected?

• Total voters

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
If delaying a confirmation indefinitely for no reason other than to get the result you want is not court stacking, why would changing the court composition be substantially different?

You're pretty much advancing the premise that anything legal is not court stacking.
If you say so lmao you're probably ok with with Democrats expanding potus seats so we agree. Wendy's the problem?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I’m still waiting for an explanation as to why deliberately holding seats on the court open is a valid exercise of Congress’s power but changing the number of seats is not.

The Constitution clearly gives Congress the power to determine the number of justices on the court as a way to check the judiciary. Is this some power that they are supposed to never use?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I’m still waiting for an explanation as to why deliberately holding seats on the court open is a valid exercise of Congress’s power but changing the number of seats is not.

The Constitution clearly gives Congress the power to determine the number of justices on the court as a way to check the judiciary. Is this some power that they are supposed to never use?
Did i ever say they couldn't? I welcome it.

Edit the only thing i said was trump didn't stack the court but the Democrats are. I never said anything about they shouldn't or whatever. I hope they do!

Reactions: cytg111

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002

okay.

So you're ok with the current efforts by Democrats to stack the courts? And you're ok with Bidens efforts at taxing the rich? I am, because it won't change the wealth of the wealthy to make a difference.

Edit and there's a difference between filling vacant spots in scotus and adding additional spots. One is attacking one isn't. Are you smart enough to know the difference?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Edit the only thing i said was trump didn't stack the court but the Democrats are. I never said anything about they shouldn't or whatever. I hope they do!
I don’t really see a difference between the two. Both are breaking norms in order to manipulate the partisan makeup of the court.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I don’t really see a difference between the two. Both are breaking norms in order to manipulate the partisan makeup of the court.
Then we'll agree to disagree. Either way, i don't have a problem with. Whether the GOP or the Democrats do it. Prolly for different reasons that Democrats, but nonetheless i hope it goes through.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
It doesn't look like party is so much as their followers. Which is still bad for them come election time.

It is the party that endorsed the wholesale radicalization of their followers. They do not speak against it, let alone condemn it. They are not moral people, they are evil. They are the only ones who could have stopped it. Trump is their baby. The insanity and the violence is their doing. Look at Mitch McConnell and tell me he is not guilty of it all.

Felony murder is on the books, because the accomplice is also guilty of the crime. Sending others to do violence in your stead does not make the ringleaders innocent. The Republican party is thoroughly guilty.

Reactions: nakedfrog

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It is the party that endorsed the wholesale radicalization of their followers. They do not speak against it, let alone condemn it. They are not moral people, they are evil. They are the only ones who could have stopped it. Trump is their baby. The insanity and the violence is their doing.
Cool story bro

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
At a minimum, they created a weapon and lost control of it. They had a chance to renounce and repudiate it on February 13, but they were too cowardly by and large to do so.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
At a minimum, they created a weapon and lost control of it. They had a chance to renounce and repudiate it on February 13, but they were too cowardly by and large to do so.

2504917_orig.jpg

Same old lessons never learned.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So you're ok with the current efforts by Democrats to stack the courts? And you're ok with Bidens efforts at taxing the rich? I am, because it won't change the wealth of the wealthy to make a difference.

Edit and there's a difference between filling vacant spots in scotus and adding additional spots. One is attacking one isn't. Are you smart enough to know the difference?
By attacking you mean self defense right?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
No i willingly join those who support Democrats expanding scotus and Bidens tax plan. Where do we disagree?
It sure comes across like you don't think any of the GOP leadership bears any culpability for the insanity running rampant through their supporters, and if so, that's certainly a thing I disagree with you on.

Reactions: Jaskalas

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It sure comes across like you don't think any of the GOP leadership bears any culpability for the insanity running rampant through their supporters, and if so, that's certainly a thing I disagree with you on.

Sorry you misinterpreted my vibe. But you'll prolly see or interpret anything I say through the lenses you view me through. Confirmation bias and all that.

edit: need proof? Look at this thread. I agreed with Biden's tax plan for the rich, as well as stacking the courts. Probably not for the same reason on many on this board do, but whatever. It amounts to the same thing. And STILL people attacked me for it.

lulz

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Sorry you misinterpreted my vibe. But you'll prolly see or interpret anything I say through the lenses you view me through. Confirmation bias and all that.

edit: need proof? Look at this thread. I agreed with Biden's tax plan for the rich, as well as stacking the courts. Probably not for the same reason on many on this board do, but whatever. It amounts to the same thing. And STILL people attacked me for it.

lulz
Hm, maybe you could address the literal statement that I made instead of redirecting to a different thing that I haven't said a peep about?
For simplicity, I'm talking about THIS statement RIGHT HERE:
"It sure comes across like you don't think any of the GOP leadership bears any culpability for the insanity running rampant through their supporters, and if so, that's certainly a thing I disagree with you on."
If I "misinterpreted your vibe", that means you DO think they're culpable to some extent, and you're willing to clearly state such?

Reactions: dank69

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
No i willingly join those who support Democrats expanding scotus and Bidens tax plan. Where do we disagree?

Trump drags House GOP deeper into his theater of lies

When the House Republican Party moves against Liz Cheney this week, it will prove that it prefers to unite behind a lie rather than stay divided over truth.
The expected ouster of the third-ranking Republican leader in the House over her repeated rejection of Donald Trump's election fraud falsehoods....

The party leaders like to play dress up and pretend they are not rabid dogs.

I am definitively stating that they are, and worse, than their followers. Despite some feigned gentle appearances, their actions speak louder than words. They stood by Trump twice on impeachment, they attack anyone who steps out of line and says "this is wrong". They are the problem.

Your previous response tells me there is a huge disagreement.

Mar 11, 2004
Hm, maybe you could address the literal statement that I made instead of redirecting to a different thing that I haven't said a peep about?
For simplicity, I'm talking about THIS statement RIGHT HERE:
"It sure comes across like you don't think any of the GOP leadership bears any culpability for the insanity running rampant through their supporters, and if so, that's certainly a thing I disagree with you on."
If I "misinterpreted your vibe", that means you DO think they're culpable to some extent, and you're willing to clearly state such?

Eh that's just his clown routine. Just be happy its not his racist blackface one.