Poll: 2004 Democratic Presidential Candidate

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Well, I voted for Howard Dean because my insider Democrat friends like him.
But, honestly I would like to see Reverend Al run.
It would be sweet news fodder and whomever ran against him would win.

Sleestak

Banned
Nov 20, 2002
Doesn't matter. Bush will win again in 2004.

Sharpton would probably be the most fun to watch though. He's a fruitcake but he would make it entertaining.

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Sleestak

Sharpton would probably be the most fun to watch though. He's a fruitcake but he would make it entertaining.

Yup, Sharpton will definitely be entertaining. Unfortunately, he is very divisive and will do more of harm than good for Dems.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I think Edwards or Kennedy would make a good presidential candidate, although I don't think anyone is going to beat Bush (unless the economy gets worse).

Cfour

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2000
www.sternie.com

I second that. At this point, I think Bush is a shoe-in for '04.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

Most of these guys are entertaining and fruitcakes.

HermitGuy

Aug 21, 2001
None of the above, I wouldn't vote for a democrat if they payed me... which I hear they do on a regular basis.:D

Having said that, Bush might be in trouble if the economy doesn't pick up and whoever does win the democratic nomination decides to ask Graham to be on the ticket. Graham is quite popular here in Florida, I might even have voted for him back in the seventy's when he ran Governor. Of course that was before I knew better, Funny thing is I don't remember who I voted for in the Governor's race in 1978.

Bush is not a shoe-in for my vote either. :(

Vote libertarian, Vote for Freedom!! :cool:

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i picked other because i don't care who runs on the democrat ticket

i will vote libertarian again

matmax

May 20, 2000
Originally posted by: HermitGuy
None of the above, I wouldn't vote for a democrat if they payed me... which I hear they do on a regular basis.:D Having said that, Bush might be in trouble if the economy doesn't pick up and whoever does win the democratic nomination decides to ask Graham to be on the ticket. Graham is quite popular here in Florida, I might even have voted for him back in the seventy's when he ran Governor. Of course that was before I knew better, Funny thing is I don't remember who I voted for in the Governor's race in 1978. Bush is not a shoe-in for my vote either. :( Vote libertarian, Vote for Freedom!! :cool:

voting libertarian is a protest vote that won't effect anything. if you want to protest than don't vote for presidency, but do vote for the other candidacies and propositions.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Rev. AL Sharpton will be getting my vote.
he's exactly what this country needs.
:)

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
What a lousy bunch of choices for my "lesser evil" vote :p

I'm independent and will probably vote against Bush because of his policies on energy, the environment and corporate accountability, but if Lieberman, Gephard, Daschle or Sharpton gets the nomination I think Bush is the lesser evil.

Too bad the libertarian candidate is often a whacko.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Al Sharpton is guaranteed to give me the most entertainment value so he is my pick. :D

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I second that. At this point, I think Bush is a shoe-in for '04.

The 41st President had a similar perspective . . . and then he lost to a charismatic, ex-lawyer from the South.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: SlowSS

Yup, Sharpton will definitely be entertaining. Unfortunately, he is very divisive and will do more of harm than good for Dems.

so are you saying that is a bad thing?;)

HermitGuy

Aug 21, 2001
Originally posted by: matmax
voting libertarian is a protest vote that won't effect anything. if you want to protest than don't vote for presidency, but do vote for the other candidacies and propositions.

I know what you're saying but the problem is that it's not just a protest vote for me, the libertarians probably come closer to my views on many issues than the republicans do, and forget the democrats.

If people just continue to say that voting for republicans or democrats is the only way for their vote to mean anything then we will never get any real change, we will simply continue to lurch away from the vision that the founding fathers had for this nation. For all intents and purposes the constitution has been rendered meaningless in todays government workings, and that is what the constitution is meant to be... a limit on government, not on the the people.

While I don't go totally off the deep end with my libertarian views I do think that there is no doubt that the libertarians come closer to the ideas of freedom that the founding fathers of this country were trying to espouse than either of the two major parties have for a long time. Don't worry though it will always be in the back of my mind that voting libertarian could put a democrat in the white house.

Of course if the republicans keep running scared every-time the dems call them bad names they won't be worth voting for anyway!!