POLK r30 floor speakers ~$58 w/ PM

Lemanz

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2000
I got in on a similar deal like this a while back but it was for the same speaker with dual 6" speakers. These things sound really clean and even have a little bass. I paid the same price and definetly would jump on these. A lot better surround spearkers than anything you will get for the same price. Fry's in bay area has these but no ad for the r30's

Polk

GO KINGS

Su1c1da1

Jun 12, 2002
in what section of the LATimes is the Fry's ad at? couldn't find it under retail goods & electronics

odoe

Dec 3, 2001
I'm going to try this tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up. Had no idea how much these actually cost.

Cybordolphin

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 1999
Does anyone have a link to the ad....? The link to LA times does not appear to be working. Can not find Frys there?

dpham00

Aug 9, 2001
Well, i tried to PM @ 2 local CC's and one said that they'll PM the correct price (88 each). The other one, i called and held one pair and said that i wanted to PM it for $44 each. they said, ok, just bring over the ad, and i'll talk to my manager. then, i came there, and he said that his manager said that they don't PM Bose and Polk because they have a "price protection", whatever that means. i didn't bother to argue with him because i knew it was a misprice.

Cybordolphin

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 1999
Sigh......

Link not working DPHam00

NEVER MIND... THE LA TIMES LINK ORIGINALLY POSTED HAS FRY'S BACK under Technology. They for some reason were not appearing last night. However, the speakers do not appear to be on the current ad?

Cybordolphin

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 1999
I think with a Subwoofer, these would work nicely with a home theater in a small-med. sized room. Wish I could find the ad to try my luck at a PM.

FiDo14DiDo

Apr 7, 2000
Initially called Fry's and they said it was the correct price @ $88 for the pair. Went to CC and to try PM, damn CS made us wait ~ 45 mins to tell us Fry's was out of stock so they could not PM. Since we were in a hurry, we took off and called one of the Fry's (Burbank) and they said they had it in stock (damn lying CS's at CC). After we got back, called a another Fry's to check for stock and they said it was a pricemistake and they fixed it. Dammit...anyone else have any luck?:|:Q:p:cool:

dpham00

Aug 9, 2001
Initially called Fry's and they said it was the correct price @ $88 for the pair. Went to CC and to try PM, damn CS made us wait ~ 45 mins to tell us Fry's was out of stock so they could not PM. Since we were in a hurry, we took off and called one of the Fry's (Burbank) and they said they had it in stock (damn lying CS's at CC). After we got back, called a another Fry's to check for stock and they said it was a pricemistake and they fixed it. Dammit...anyone else have any luck?

damn...should've gone to the Burbank store...the Woodland Hills doubled the advertised price either very early Sat. or Friday :(

heck, i was willing to pay $88 for these things. at double that price, it makes me think more b4 picking these up.

Cybordolphin

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 1999
Seem's like you guys would have MUCH better luck if you just took a copy of the darn ad in with you to do the pricematch??

Not sure why you would prefer to have them call to verify. If someone can lead to the ad... I would sure like to try this. I also have been known to get loud (and impatient as I have NO time to wait for them to call.... blah... blah... blah) No need to make me wait for the CSR to "call" when I am standing there with a copy of the ad right in my hand..... that usually gets them to just ok it based on seeing a copy of the ad. Plus it helps to have a FRIEND who works at CC.. :D

Can one of you point us in the direction of a copy of the ad? The links above do not seem to have the ad showing these.

Thanks.

dpham00

Aug 9, 2001
i have the printout (from LATImes website). i'll try to scan it and post it later.

i think the biggest problem is the price difference...CC's price is over 450% that of Fry's (mis)price. i think the CSRs have some leeway, but after a point, they have to call the manager. of course, if you know someone, then you're in the money :p

FiDo14DiDo

Apr 7, 2000
Seem's like you guys would have MUCH better luck if you just took a copy of the darn ad in with you to do the pricematch??

We did have the ad...but they called to verify stock at Fry's.