Politicians Asked "What country in the Middle East ACTUALLY has Nukes?"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Personally I view Israel as (almostly certainly) having nuclear weapons as a very stabilizing factor in the Middle East. The chances of a first use by Israel are extremely slim and the deterrant factor is strong. If Israel ever did a first use of nukes they would immediately lose all support throughout the world (except IHV and Christian fundamentalists seeking Armegeddon).

It is possible to support Israel without being a blind rubber stamp to every action they take, something people like IHV are incapable of understanding.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Personally I view Israel as (almostly certainly) having nuclear weapons as a very stabilizing factor in the Middle East. The chances of a first use by Israel are extremely slim and the deterrant factor is strong. If Israel ever did a first use of nukes they would immediately lose all support throughout the world (except IHV and Christian fundamentalists seeking Armegeddon).

It is possible to support Israel without being a blind rubber stamp to every action they take, something people like IHV are incapable of understanding.

If the Zionists were on the verge of losing a conventional war, then I'm pretty certain they would nuke muslim capitals.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
It is a state that was authorized by the UN. Similar to the situation with Pakistan and the states created by the breakup of the USSR and the European communist countries.

So did the U.N do anything when the U.S.A started its illegal wars in the M.E? The U.N means nothing. Besides, the Zionists are intruding into territory that is not authorized by the U.N.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Being a Pak you should understand how they are faced with an enemy that kills indiscriminately as you have the same problem with the Taliban as they do with Hamas. Just like the Taliban, Hamas hides amongst the gen pop therefore willingly sacrificing the innocent so they themselves can kill innocents. It's fucked up and needs to stop but it seems neither the Israeli's not the Palestinians are willing to make a legitimate effort, in fact they do all they can to exacerbate the situation. There's plenty of blame to go around and unfortunately plenty of victims on all sides.

Hamas maybe a terrorist group but not all militants in Palestine are terrorists. Most are freedom fighters. On the other hand, all members of the Israeli army are terrorists and the IDF is most certainly a terrorist organization with nuclear weapons and are a bigger threat than the Taliban ever were. A small flood may be more common but a Tsunami kills more people.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
hey hey now, although it is true that the palestinians are not a legitamte state, and it's true that that they have been murdering innocents and war mongering at the expensive of their own people for 50 years; is no reason to call for them to be wiped off the map.

Which map are you talking about? The only recent maps with Palestine that I've seen are in Pakistan and a few other muslim countries.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Hamas maybe a terrorist group but not all militants in Palestine are terrorists. Most are freedom fighters. On the other hand, all members of the Israeli army are terrorists and the IDF is most certainly a terrorist organization with nuclear weapons and are a bigger threat than the Taliban ever were. A small flood may be more common but a Tsunami kills more people.

lol

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006

Tell me, is that IDF really this good, or that the Muslims are collectively stupid? I mean, 5 countries against a just-announced country, then numerous more wars in which they all lost. Could the Zionists have a pact with Satan?

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Tell me, is that IDF really this good, or that the Muslims are collectively stupid? I mean, 5 countries against a just-announced country, then numerous more wars in which they all lost. Could the Zionists have a pact with Satan?

I'd say a combination of both. Also, a lack of unity amongst the the muslim countries. We need a defense pact; just like NATO. Maybe in 20 years when we are well off, with better tech, we will.

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
I'd say a combination of both. Also, a lack of unity amongst the the muslim countries. We need a defense pact; just like NATO. Maybe in 20 years when we are well off, with better tech, we will.

Interesting. And assuming the Muslim countries do, as you suggest, "wipe off Israel", what do you suggest to do with the Jews that live there?

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Nukes are a deterrent. If Iran gets them then our [US] ability to bully them goes down drastically, which is reason enough to try and build some.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
It is a state that was authorized by the UN. Similar to the situation with Pakistan and the states created by the breakup of the USSR and the European communist countries.
So did the U.N do anything when the U.S.A started its illegal wars in the M.E? The U.N means nothing. Besides, the Zionists are intruding into territory that is not authorized by the U.N.

Nations are built from land taken from another. That country can be accepted, tolerated or eliminated. An attempt to eliminate can have consequences as has been shown.

If the UN is not considered to be legit; then one can go back futher in time w/ respect to Israel. At no time was there a country that controlled the Palestine area. Not the Arabs and not the Jews. One has to go back to the Ottoman empire a 100 years ago.

The UN authorized the Iraq and Afganistan conflicts. The US just took the lead afterwards.

How are you deliniating between your militant terrorist and your "militant freedom fighter"?

Aug 23, 2000

HahaFuckingHA Illegal War? I'm pretty sure every war in the history of man kind was viewed as "illegal" by someone. Boofucking hoo. Stop protecting terrorists and your ass won't get blown up.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
Look at these 2. Can there be any middle ground here? I say no. Let them kill each other and be done with it.

My preference; tie their ankles together and give them propane torches and pliers.

yes. a two-state solution with a HUGE wall and miles of space between them.

Aug 23, 2000

So you admit that Muslim countries are backwards shit holes that can't get their act together. Good got it.

SamurAchzar

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Yes that will work. I remember something called theBerlin Wall. Didn't work to well.

Well it WOULD have worked, but then the Palestinians discovered the steep-trajectory shelling (I have a picture of a Warcraft Blacksmith in my head, for some reason).
It's really science in the service of the man. Together with the remotely operated cannons employed by Israelis, you can see that the Gaza border is becoming quite a lab for innovation.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
If the Zionists were on the verge of losing a conventional war, then I'm pretty certain they would nuke muslim capitals.
Can you blame them? If I were the leader of Israel and we were in the last days before being captured, every nuke would be in the air. Every single one.

Israel having bombs doesn't bother me. It seems like a fairly level headed country with standards comparable to other first world nations. Wiki says they're slightly wealthier than New Zealand and slightly poorer than France.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

Holy shit, you get the GOOD buds huh?