Politically Motivated Attack?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200..._us/tv_anchor_attacked

This is just bizarre. She's beautiful for one thing. And she's obviously not a threatening individual. The article mentioned that she was also robbed, but it makes no sense to beat her so badly that she is hospitalized and in need of blood transfusions just to survive. That's just way over the top.

I wonder if anything else will break in this case. I sort of have the feeling that this is a politically-motivated crime.

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
She looks like a man. If this beating is real I wouldn't be suprised it if it turn out to be because of something pretty weird.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Butterbean
She looks like a man. If this beating is real I wouldn't be suprised it if it turn out to be because of something pretty weird.

LOL!

only you would think that man....LOL!!!

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: alchemize
I see you got your newest "JUMP! To Conclusions" game in today!

Police in the article make the suggestion.

Exactly. And nowhere in the OP did I jump to conclusions. This could easily have been an extremist right-wing or left-wing ideologue who perpetrated this brutal crime. Or it could have been your run-of-the-mill sociopath, hopefully whomever it is, they are quickly caught.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
She looks like a man.
Maybe the men you hang out with but she looks very feminine to me

If this beating is real I wouldn't be suprised it if it turn out to be because of something pretty weird.
Like one of your courting rituals?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: OrByte

LOL!

Yeah that's a pretty big stretch ..

Here's a larger pic : http://www.acc-tv.com/images/k...s/us_and_ric_flair.jpg

She has the typical oversize smile of the news-anchor breed, but she's undeniably feminine and attractive.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
Terrible, but I don't really follow the political motivations for an attack.

According to the article, shes a local news anchor who essentially plays herself in the movie, except one who is favorable of bush's mission accomplished speech.. Who's motivated by that to attack someone in their own bed?

I'd say robbery gone violent for any of the normal reasons a home invasion robbery goes violent (victim fights back or the robber is just a sicko with a violent streak) or maybe something personal.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Butterbean

Looks like a man? You some kind of tranny expert? Big part of your life?

If the beating is real? What, you think it is a publicity stunt? Fake blood and bruises that fooled the doctors and cops? Just how defective is the part of your mind that came up with this remark?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
Butterbean

Looks like a man? You some kind of tranny expert? Big part of your life?

If the beating is real? What, you think it is a publicity stunt? Fake blood and bruises that fooled the doctors and cops? Just how defective is the part of your mind that came up with this remark?

Just as defective as the rest of it, I'm guessing.

Well, BB is highly entertaining, so just look forward to his next insane and twisted post :)

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Arkaign
Originally posted by: OrByte

LOL!

Yeah that's a pretty big stretch ..

Here's a larger pic : http://www.acc-tv.com/images/k...s/us_and_ric_flair.jpg

She has the typical oversize smile of the news-anchor breed, but she's undeniably feminine and attractive.

I guess when someone is used to fucking farm animals all day long . . .

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

Her role in the film was so important that it's not even listed on IMDB. I think if someone wanted to attack someone over their role in W, it'd be someone more important than this woman.

:confused:

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

I see several mentions of the movie, but I don't see the police making that suggestion. Am I missing something? Are you talking about this?

"Our detectives are talking with co-workers because she was a public figure, because she was on the news, in the media."

That's in reference to her being an anchorwoman on the news.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: mugs

Her role in the film was so important that it's not even listed on IMDB. I think if someone wanted to attack someone over their role in W, it'd be someone more important than this woman.

Or so it would seem.... <cue mystery music from scooby doo>

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006

Nationally, she would be a total nobody, but locally she might be more known for this, might have talked about the role on-air.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Arkaign
-snip-
I sort of have the feeling that this is a politically-motivated crime.

I can't see that this has anything whatsoever to do with politics, or a bit part in a movie.

My thought was rape/robbery.

If she was raped, I'm pretty sure they couldn't mention it because of privacy laws.

Fern

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

I see several mentions of the movie, but I don't see the police making that suggestion. Am I missing something? Are you talking about this?

"Our detectives are talking with co-workers because she was a public figure, because she was on the news, in the media."

Anchorwoman/in the Movie, small detail. It was suggested that the Attack may have been deliberate. The OP may be wrong even if it's not the Movie, but he's not a loon for wondering whether that's the possible connection when the police themselves think the Attack may be deliberate.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

Anchorwoman/in the Movie, small detail. It was suggested that the Attack may have been deliberate. The OP may be wrong even if it's not the Movie, but he's not a loon for wondering whether that's the possible connection when the police themselves think the Attack may be deliberate.

Yes, well it's a good thing the police think the woman wasn't accidentally beaten by an intruder. :confused:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Yes, well it's a good thing the police think the woman wasn't accidentally beaten by an intruder. :confused:

Huh? The police opined that other Motivations may have existed. Not sure what part of that you do not understand.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

This is Arkansas.

SigArms08

Apr 16, 2008
Too bad she didn't have a CCW and a pistol. Would've been nice to read the story written with the can of whip-ass opened in the criminals direction. Such home intruders and assailants deserve no less.