Politically Incorrect Road Name under attack in WY

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I wonder what "Dick" has to say about it?
POWELL, Wyo. - High school kids routinely steal the road signs as trophies. Pastor Bud Wells can't stand to put the road name on his church literature. County Road 6FU southwest of Cody got its name in 1980, when Park County adopted an alpha-numeric road naming system. It's raised many eyebrows over the years, and now a group of residents are asking county commissioners for a change.

"The name of this road, with its obscene overtone, has really been a thorn for me," resident Terry Hinkle said. "It is probably one of the most embarrassing road names the county has in the books. There is no other road in the United States, I can assure you, that has the road name FU."

During my training, if someone said "FU" my response would be, "fluorouracil". Fans of a noted HBO series say 6FU, refers to Six Feet Under. Could it possibly be that it's not the road name that's obscene but the minds of the people that see obscenity in the name?

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Psht. In Manhattan, there are two roads named Waverly Place, and they intersect. Wimps.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Road here in NJ named "Shades of Death Road"

I say I should sue over that one because the name implies death which is not proper..

Or something.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
dont forget the town of assawoman bay, MD/DE.

i understand they are dredging the assawoman canal, it apparently is not deep enough for the bigger boats

LINK

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
WTF? 6FU as "obscene" takes quite the feat of anality to accomplish. On the plus side, I'm sure these folks will vote against the incumbent obscenely named President. ;)

rjain

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Hmm . . . I'm a little slow . . . what's suggested by Waverly Place?

read the last part of the linked article

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: rjain

read the last part of the linked article

Last part of linked article:

Commissioners rejected a similar request in 1991, but appeared to agree something should be done this time around, asking residents to present them with a list of potential road names at a future meeting.

"The particular nomenclature of the road is problematic," commission chair Tim Morrison said. "6FU has to go; it has to change."

I see no mention of Waverly Place.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
I wonder what "Dick" has to say about it?
POWELL, Wyo. - High school kids routinely steal the road signs as trophies. Pastor Bud Wells can't stand to put the road name on his church literature. County Road 6FU southwest of Cody got its name in 1980, when Park County adopted an alpha-numeric road naming system. It's raised many eyebrows over the years, and now a group of residents are asking county commissioners for a change.

"The name of this road, with its obscene overtone, has really been a thorn for me," resident Terry Hinkle said. "It is probably one of the most embarrassing road names the county has in the books. There is no other road in the United States, I can assure you, that has the road name FU."

During my training, if someone said "FU" my response would be, "fluorouracil". Fans of a noted HBO series say 6FU, refers to Six Feet Under. Could it possibly be that it's not the road name that's obscene but the minds of the people that see obscenity in the name?

probably one of the most embarrassing road names the county has in the books?
what are the other road names i wonder?

9-PO?
16-FO?
79-GTH?
88-MF?

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
Originally posted by: rjain
Originally posted by: miguel

I see no mention of Waverly Place.
Grr. Just read the whole article and find the proposed solution. :\

Solution??? What are you talking about? BaliBabyDoc asked:

Grr? What, are you irritated now?