political party affiliation poll*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rockinacoustic

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2006
I consider myself to hold moderate to conservative beliefs, so i registered as a Republican.

The hindrance of the Democratic party helped that to.

And being an Independent is a nice way of say F-you to the two party system, but around election time your the one that's getting f-ed ;)

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Registered independent when I turned 18 (1998), stayed that way ever since. A political party should belong to you, not the other way around. And yes, I know that that sounded like one of those bad "In Soviet Russia" jokes gone bad, but it's true. :p

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Kadarin
Originally posted by: Perknose
Life long independent, changed my reg to Dem this year in order to vote in the primary and to remind myself to keep my eyes on the prize: NO 100 years war in Iraq and NO more extreme right Supreme Court appointments.

I am independent also, and will also likely vote Democrat this time around for the same reasons.

This always makes me laugh... you know we are 65 years into Germany and Japan 50+ into Korea right?

McCain never meant war for that amount of time. Have we had war in germany or Japan for that long? Anyone thinking other wise is an alarmist, a moron, or trying to alarm morons. ;)

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
Republican, I'm fiscally conservative. Too bad we're underrepresented these days

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: GenHoth
Republican, I'm fiscally conservative. Too bad we're underrepresented these days

You mean unrepresented right? The fiscal conservative is a fossil... a relic of an acient past. Damn shame. I'd vote for anyone who promised to spend less money.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I belong to no party, same as I belong to no religion.

My ideals are conservative with libertarian thrown in for good measure, which the Republican Party abandoned many years ago. They might be ?the lesser of two evils? from my position but that makes me want to puke.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I go for the stupid party. We are a party of fools. I don't like to vote with smart people any more. Smart people always manage to vote for the person who best represents them, somebody filled with self hate who wants to manifest and create into the real world the monsters of the Id. The party of the smart are the Krell

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
I'm not even American but i would take any other candidate over Obama if i was, this guy doesn't have a fucking clue what so ever, he speaks about "change" while others speak about actions, present actual plans, Obama is all talk, he's got enough catch phrases but does ANYONE have an idea regarding what he will actually do? Has he even said anything concrete about the budget, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan or has he just hinted that he would want to do something but maybe not and that he would allow an increase in troops at the same time that there was a reduction (yeah i know, but he actually said that).

Actually, every single one of his recent speeches has included VERY detailed plans for several aspects of his administration... so you really shouldn't listen to the hype. I challenge you to find his most recent speech on youtube, listen to it in its entirety, and then come back and tell me that you still think he has no detailed plans.

Better yet, go to hisHome Page and click anywhere on his "Issues" tab -- you will find detailed plans and initiatives covering the most important and pressing issues of today.

You will need to go beyond the news soundbites, op-ed pieces, and Clinton commercials, to see that he's both inspirational AND well prepared... please.

That said, I'm an independent who tends to vote Republican more often than not -- I consider myself to be "fiscally conservative, socially liberal"... however, in this election, I believe this country needs an eloquent and inspirational leader who can do some repair work to our current international relations mess... so, as of now, Barrack is the one for me.

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
I'm registered Republican, but before this election I was a registered Democrat. I'd likely stick to Independent if Florida didn't make you choose just to vote in the primaries. As far as my political stance, I take a mixture of ideas from the various different groups.