Polier: "I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry"

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040216/D80OG9380.html

She is a bit naive though:
Because these stories were false, I assumed the media would ignore them.
Got a chuckle out of that one.

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) - A woman who has been the subject of rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry denied Monday that she ever had an affair with the Democratic presidential candidate.

Breaking her silence four days after the allegations surfaced on the Internet, Alexandra Polier issued a statement to The Associated Press, saying, "I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false."

Kerry already has denied reports that he had an extramarital affair. On Monday, his campaign said he would have no further comment.

Polier's statement was released to the AP in Nairobi, where the 27-year-old freelance journalist is visiting the parents of her fiance, Yaron Schwartzman, an Israeli who was raised in Kenya. She previously worked as an editorial assistant for the AP in New York.

"Whoever is spreading these rumors and allegations does not know me," Polier said, appealing to the media to respect her privacy and the privacy of her fiance and his family.

Polier also took issue with reports that referred to her as a former Kerry intern.

"I never interned or worked for John Kerry," she told AP over the phone.

In a separate statement, Polier's parents, Terry and Donna Polier of Malvern, Pa., dismissed the "completely false and unsubstantiated" allegations about their daughter.

"We love and support her 100 percent and these unfounded rumors are hurtful to our entire family," the statement said. "We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

The statement did not address purported quotes by Polier's parents in the British tabloid The Sun that were harshly critical of Kerry.

Kerry has won 14 of 16 Democratic primaries and caucuses, and is expected to be the Democratic challenger to President Bush in November.

Rumors of a relationship between Kerry and Polier first appeared Thursday on the Internet and were picked up by newspapers in several countries outside the United States. Few U.S. publications printed her name, however.

Asked Friday about the reports, Kerry told reporters: "I just deny it categorically. It's rumor. It's untrue. And that's the last time I intend" to respond to questions about it.

Regarding her silence until now, Polier said, "Because these stories were false, I assumed the media would ignore them. It seems that efforts to peddle these lies continue, so I feel compelled to address them."

By Monday, reporters and photographers were camped outside the Schwartzmans' Nairobi home, and at one point pursued the car of Yaron's mother, Hannah Schwartzman, as she left the walled compound.

Polier and Yaron Schwartzman met at Columbia University. They arrived in Kenya last October.

Polier graduated from Clark University in Worcester, Mass., in 1999. She received her master's in journalism from Columbia in 2003.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
There are going to be a few Ann Coulture Loving Right Wing Harpies here at P&N who are going to be heartbroken to hear this ..cough..cough..heartless sturgeon..cough..cough

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Did anyone really expect her to say "Yeah, I fvcked him"

I mean seriously.

It's very telling to me that Kerry was a frontrunner to be Gore's VP and then was shot down due to "personal issues"

Maybe we will find out what it is....maybe we won't. Still early in the game.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: shinerburke

I mean seriously.

It's very telling to me that Kerry was a frontrunner to be Gore's VP and then was shot down due to "personal issues"

Like Dubya said:
"fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. It fool me. We can't get fooled again."

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke

I mean seriously.

Sounds like wishful thinking by those who aren't so confident in their guy.

Kerry's a Liberal and unless he can transform himself into a Moderate like Clinton did he won't win. Of course even if Bush does win the toll his credibility will take during this election will probably cripple his next four years. That in itself would be a victory for the American Voter!

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Yes, I forgot, she went to Africa with her fiance to visit his parents in order to escape questioning about Kerry affair.
Do the lie peddlers expect anyone to believe this?

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
what another great example of Drudge being a sloppy partisan driven attack man. Se wasnt even an Intern. But lets Use that Tag to remind people of the Bill Clinton excapade. It would have been easy to find the truth, But Drudge never need the truth. He claims he only Relays news. What a scuz this man is. His site is a tabloid.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
link
There is no evidence the pair had an affair, but her father Terry, 56, said: ?I think he?s a sleazeball."

link
"We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

:confused:

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Of course she will deny it whether its true or not...the question is as follows:Who released this info? (to drudge)

I personally think that this could have less an effect on Kerry's political future then his personal life...His wife might beat his A5$ is a courtroom!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
Of course she will deny it whether its true or not...the question is as follows:Who released this info? (to drudge)
Probably some hooker he was with down in Tijuana.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
Probably some hooker he was with down in Tijuana.

LOL

Kerry or Drudge?

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Gaard
link
There is no evidence the pair had an affair, but her father Terry, 56, said: ?I think he?s a sleazeball."

link
"We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

:confused:

the Sun is a tabloid.....like the weekly world news or the drudge report

cumhail

Apr 1, 2003
Originally posted by: smashp
the Sun is a tabloid.....like the weekly world news or the drudge report

Or like its sister "news organizations," "The NY Post," "Fox News," "The Weekly Standard," and other Rupert Murdoch owned properties.

cumhail

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
As I said before, give me enough money and I will deny anything, and of course the media won't follow up with it since Kerry is their dream candidate...now if this accusation had been brought up about a republican.....

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: bozack
As I said before, give me enough money and I will deny anything, and of course the media won't follow up with it since Kerry is their dream candidate...now if this accusation had been brought up about a republican.....

I thought Dean was the media's darling? Or are the media fair weather lovers?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Originally posted by: bozack

I thought Dean was the media's darling? Or are the media fair weather lovers?

as long as it is liberal and appears to be doing well then they like it.