Police will take you to jail if you dance without a dance permit here (it's a felony)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
This story remind me of Electric Six' Improper Dancing song,..

Improper dancing in the middle of the street
Somebody better notify the chief of police

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

smitbret

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2006
It's not so much that it's a Mormon town but that it has a huge population of elderly and retired people that like to be in bed by 8PM.

Whoever planned the event knew this (it's common knowledge in Utah) and probably got what was coming to them.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It's not so much that it's a Mormon town but that it has a huge population of elderly and retired people that like to be in bed by 8PM.

Whoever planned the event knew this (it's common knowledge in Utah) and probably got what was coming to them.

They got the permit for the music. I didn't know that people dancing made a big impact on the noise level if music was already playing.
In any case, this is red state statism. That's why they like the Federal government to stay out, so that state and local governments can do as they please, unchecked.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
Send in this guy, his name is Ren:

Footloose.jpg

This man must be stopped:

tumblr_lrsz6rOLKR1qzzh6g.jpg

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
It's a police issue when the police have to get involved and enforce silly shit like this. They said in the article that people could be charged with felonies for this. Honestly I really have to roll my eyes at some of you folks on this internet forum.

You are being obtuse. Lets have a lesson, the police enforce the law. Police don't charge people, they write the report and hand it off to the prosecutor. The police are only quoting the law when they say they could be charged with felonies. They didn't write that law. I'm having to roll my eyes at you on this one.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
My niece needs to renew her dancing permit every year in San Diego. She's a stripper. AFAIK, only professional "dancers" need a permit for tax reasons.