Police standoff going on in my city right now

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

The Timmins Police emergency response team has been activated on Shirley Street North, shutting down between Ecole Renaissance and Lafleur Drive.

A news release at 8:00pm says no one is allowed into that area — neither motorized traffic or pedestrians — until further notice, for public safety reasons.

More details are being promised “once they are deemed eligible for public distribution.” My Timmins Now Dot Com will be following the story and update it at that time

Yikes. Don't know the full details but there's some info and speculation on FB to go with that article. Police are in full gear and everything, not something that happens very often or is normally necessary but from sounds of it the perp might have a gun. There was also a shooting recently, so people think it might be the same guy but this is all speculation at this point.

This used to be a nice quiet place to live but it's going to trash with all this crazy violence in the past couple years.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
TBH I avoid going outside at night now it's gotten bad all around in the past few years. My neighbourhood is relatively quiet at night other than thieves (they're everywhere) but I don't take my chances.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
We have had 3 separate shootings in the last few days. Including an armed standoff right behind where I work.

We had a stabbing incident last night 2 blocks from my apt.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Did meth come to town?

Meth is the standard drug of choice here, but mostly fentanyl now days. You know things are bad when you have to worry about what your meth is laced with.

This standoff is still going on. People can't get out of their house or go in that area. Guessing the school is closed too. There's apartments near the school looks like the guy is held up in one of those units.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Crazy, this is still ongoing. There's a rumour the guy may have escaped though. DOH. lol.

They have the OPP and K9 and whole 9 yards involved. A bit more and they will bring out the choppers.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Why so standoffish? Can't they just approach from behind, and hug it out?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Crazy, this is still ongoing. There's a rumour the guy may have escaped though. DOH. lol.

They have the OPP and K9 and whole 9 yards involved. A bit more and they will bring out the choppers.

Do the choppers play Flight of the Valkyries on bullhorns?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Northern communities are full of criminals, interesting

Yeah oddly enough it's getting really bad. Was never this bad before and one of the perks of being in the north was safety. I'm surprised my city is so low on that list tbh.

So they got K9 deployed, OPP swat unit, full tactical gear and all. They also deployed a drone. Getting quite interesting lol.

Have to give them kudos for being diligent though and not just going in there guns blazing.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Lol looked up the guy on Facebook. I won't post pictures since I can't be 100% positive it's the same guy, but if it is, looks like a real winner. There's an old pic of him inside a jail cell lol. Guess he'll be able to update his profile picture now.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
TBH I avoid going outside at night now it's gotten bad all around in the past few years. My neighbourhood is relatively quiet at night other than thieves (they're everywhere) but I don't take my chances.

I live on the outskirts of New Haven CT *(aka: pistol-wavin New Haven) and there are shootings within a mile or two of me nearly every day.

My immediate area however is heavily patrolled by NHPD thanks to wealthy Yale-related neighbors so except for the occasional car break-in its pretty safe.

Mar 11, 2004
What's with you Canuckleheads lately? Did they ever find the two boys (one of which "wasn't a neo Nazi, but collected Nazi stuff because he thought it was cool") that murdered the people then ran off to that remote area? Think there were a couple of guys that escaped from prison after that?

Yep two boys found dead.