Police shot knife wielding man in Philadelphia , rioting ensues

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
David Dorn is legit.
Berry Perkins occurred at a generally peaceful protest, the type you claim to support. The protestors didn't start the violence.
Dorian Murrell, not associated with riots, looting, etc.
Italia Kelly occurred at a peaceful protest (on the side of the protestors), the type you claim to support.
Marquis Tousan, killed by the police, hardly supports your claim they are decreasing the violence.
James Scurlock killed by violence breaking out at a protest, not a riot. This wasn't in the bar, this was a bar owner acting as a vigilante, provoking violence from protestors.
Victor Cazares is legit.
Patrick Underwood was killed by a far right terrorist assassinating cops, not rioters.
Jorge Gomez was killed at a peaceful rally that didn't turn violent until police started firing tear gas into the crowd.

This hardly supports your claim that the police are preventing violence.
It does support my claim that the protests have led to violence.
Say you aren't one person but 10,000. 5 of you do violent things while the rest are peaceful. Is the whole group violent?
Let’s say I go to a party where I know there will be underage drinking. The neighbors call the police because the party gets rowdy. The police show up. I choose to stand in solidarity with my classmates who were drinking. I get in trouble even though I wasn’t drinking. In an earlier post you mentioned most protests turn violent when they involve 30 something males. Another dynamic is when the time of day shifts from day to night, that’s when the chaos seems to kick in.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Let’s say I go to a party where I know there will be underage drinking. The neighbors call the police because the party gets rowdy. The police show up. I choose to stand in solidarity with my classmates who were drinking. I get in trouble even though I wasn’t drinking. In an earlier post you mentioned most protests turn violent when they involve 30 something males. Another dynamic is when the time of day shifts from day to night, that’s when the chaos seems to kick in.

Your analogy implies complicity between the peaceful demonstrators and those who used violence. The assumption is not warranted. First of all, going to parties isn't protected free speech. If someone is protesting something political, I'm not going to blame them because someone else might be violent. Going to party where you know there's underage drinking is not the same thing.

So far as things getting worse at night, I agree. Most criming happens at night. What's your point? No one should be allowed a political protest at night?

PS: Protests are more likely to turn violent the higher the percentage of the protests involve the specific demographic which is more likely to be violent in general, yes. There are, I'm sure, plenty of protests involving lots of males under 30 which don't turn violent, however. It's a risk factor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starbuck1975

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Wait, so are you now claiming that people shouldn't be allowed to protest? I thought you were claiming that police were decreasing the level of violence at protests.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
HAHAHAHAH STARBUCK is up to his old tricks....saying one thing and claiming another.....

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
We finally have some additional film on the "violent rioters" in Philadelphia:
15+ rioters caught on camera, with ringleaders violently breaking windows and beating down innocent bystanders and recklessly sending glass shards into a baby, while other police look on and do nothing. Well, nothing except stopping to pose for photos for the national fraternal order of police to use in false racist advertising.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

attacked and beat the kids parents who were just trying to get out of the area right in front of the kid , kidnapped the kid, and then used him as a prop in a propaganda piece meant to make them look like the good guys
An update on this story, the 5 thugs are on 'restricted?' duty

7QZM66FKZJC3LEA7JO5HM63LX4.jpg

pieces of shit

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Jorge Gomez was killed at a peaceful rally that didn't turn violent until police started firing tear gas into the crowd.

just an update on this one, his family were able to get the video released and i know everyone will be shocked but the police were caught lying yet again

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
An update on this story, the 5 thugs are on 'restricted?' duty

7QZM66FKZJC3LEA7JO5HM63LX4.jpg

pieces of shit

Just a reminder.
Officers ordered, “Open the f—ing door!” and “Get out of the f—ing car,” Young said, before they bashed the SUV with batons, shattered the back windows, yanked open the front doors, and ripped her and her nephew out, throwing them to the ground and beating them.
She let out a scream. “My son is in the car!”
“He was petrified,” she remembers of the brief glimpse she got of her toddler as she was being dragged out of the vehicle. “Pet-ri-fied.”

The bones in the 16-year-old’s hand were shattered, requiring surgery in mid-November, the teenager’s lawyer said. Young was badly bruised, showed signs of internal bleeding, and had a swollen trachea. Her left arm remains in a sling because of intense shoulder pain. And her son had a welt on his head.

The photo posted by the National Fraternal Order of Police of that toddler is what ends up in the heads of your idiot friends with thin blue line flags in their front yard.

Last edited:

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

just an update on this one, his family were able to get the video released and i know everyone will be shocked but the police were caught lying yet again

Revisiting last years protest vs the insurrection is beyond entertaining.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

ffs, just a few bad apples my ass

Antioch Police Officers Association is preparing their statement that a thorough investigations revealed no wrong doing by police officers and that Quinto, who was actively resisting and threatened officers with a weapon shaped like a tissue had several run ins with the involving a parking ticket and a speeding ticket. Also that his sister is a whore and that BLM was involved with his death.

Quinto-Collins said she had been hugging her son and he was calm when officers arrived at their home in Antioch, 45 miles east of San Francisco.
"I trusted the police because I thought they knew what they were doing but he was actually passive and visibly not dangerous or a threat so, it was absolutely unnecessary what they did to him," she said.

Burris said there were other issues with the officers' response, including how they didn't try to de-escalate and first talk to Quinto, and how they failed to turn on their body cameras and the camera in their patrol car.

"I asked the detectives if there another number I should have called, and they told me that there wasn't and that I did the right thing. But right now I can tell you that the right thing would not have killed my brother," she said.