Police paralyses a man for walking on the sidewalk

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
I've actually begun to lay down and put my hands behind my back when I am in the vicinity of a cop.

If I am driving and see a cop, I pull over and remove the keys from the car, and place them on the roof, until I know I am not being targeted.

Simple precautions can prevent a lot of these unfortunate outcomes, yet ignorant people remain defiant, and end up getting hurt.

yea, sure you do.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
they dont asshole. the cop in this story is in deep shit.

So you actually think he's gonna get prison? How about the other cop there who did nothing to stop this douche bag's behavior?

And cops get away with evil shit all the time. Noticing this doesn't make me an asshole. Take it back.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Crazy, check this out:

Officer even mocks the innocent man about it 2 years later after the charges were dropped. Officer should be fired for being a piece of shit.

Your guy's reading comprehension sucks.

The cop's name was Officer Rick Libero. The black guy's name is Christopher Lamont Beatty. Beatty's lawyer's name is Allen Rogers.

Beatty's response was "There's too many cops around here now,” Beatty said.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally Posted by Pipeline 1010
99.9999% of all police interactions with citizens do not result in harm to the police. Why do cops treat every interaction with citizens as if it could be their last?

See how that works in reverse, asshole?
It doesn`t matter how it works in reverse...quit apologizing for the Police!!

Dec 10, 2005
Crazy, check this out:

Officer even mocks the innocent man about it 2 years later after the charges were dropped. Officer should be fired for being a piece of shit.
That wasn't the officer offering the beverage, it was Beatty's lawyer.

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
It doesn`t matter how it works in reverse...quit apologizing for the Police!!

1) A guy says he fears every interaction with police (as he should).
2) A cop responds saying that 99.99% of police interactions don't harm the citizen and therefore citizens shouldn't be on edge or fear cops.
3) I respond by saying that 99.99% of police interactions don't harm the COP, therefore cops shouldn't be on edge fearing every human they come across. Cops use this fear as an excuse to why they do evil shit and should get away with it. I called them on their hypocritical bullshit.
4) Jedi Yoda calls me an apologist for cops and says I'm paid to post. Wrong, you are. Incorrect, have been your assumptions. On your team, am I. Dislike evil shit that cops do, in common we both have.

Last edited:

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
That wasn't the officer offering the beverage, it was Beatty's lawyer.

You're right, some of us missed this point. The cop should still be fired for being a piece of shit. Keeping him on the force confirms that cops like working with pieces of shit.