Police officer chokes complying college student till he passes out: Photos

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
You're in the wrong thread, because nobody here is defending that fat fuck. That, or you're a special kind of stupid.

no i've just seen too many of these threads on ATOT recently it's getting annoying..

someone already posted above some stupid shit about "maybe he was just trying to remove a necklace."

seriously... people are still thinking that way, and it's fucking scary.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
the two deputies holding him while the third deputy choked him need to be fired as well.

they may not have realized what was going on until later. These kind of automatic "everyones guilty/fire and kill them all" with little info is a huge problem with leo and general public taking copblock, et al. seriously.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
no i've just seen too many of these threads on ATOT recently it's getting annoying..

someone already posted above some stupid shit about "maybe he was just trying to remove a necklace."

seriously... people are still thinking that way, and it's fucking scary.

people not thinking is whats scary

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
people not thinking is whats scary

i totally agree,

sometimes the "fire them all, all cops are bad" mentality is also dangerous, but i do think, i'm a thinker... and man i'm thinking something is horribly wrong with our criminal justice/law enforcement system in the USA, i dont know what it is, but man it's definitely to the point where it's alot easier to take the "fire them all" mentality then it is to take the.. "oh surely this cop didnt do anything bad" approach.. or way of thinking.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
i totally agree,

sometimes the "fire them all, all cops are bad" mentality is also dangerous, but i do think, i'm a thinker... and man i'm thinking something is horribly wrong with our criminal justice/law enforcement system in the USA, i dont know what it is, but man it's definitely to the point where it's alot easier to take the "fire them all" mentality then it is to take the.. "oh surely this cop didnt do anything bad" approach.. or way of thinking.

heres my opinion on that, lets say you fire everyone and rehire. the hiring pool of applicants will still ckme from us citizens.

50% of us citizens are douchebags and should never be trusted with a gun or being able to make sound decisions that involve legal repercussions.

so you will still get peopld who act out or try to do a little "street justice" on someone

bad cops are just bad civilians who went to a police academy.

cameras help, but this concept that cops are all corrupt is more of a man in the mirror argument.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
heres my opinion on that, lets say you fire everyone and rehire. the hiring pool of applicants will still ckme from us citizens.

50% of us citizens are douchebags and should never be trusted with a gun or being able to make sound decisions that involve legal repercussions.

so you will still get peopld who act out or try to do a little "street justice" on someone

cameras help, but this concept that cops are all corrupt is more of a man in the mirror argument.

i agree, it's the state of mind of the public as a whole...

i think the main problem is that we've made SO MANY laws, i mean, there's SO MANY, from seat belts to open container laws, to drug laws, to prescription drug laws, i mean.. could you imagine being a cop, you would literally see a crime every single direction you turned your head... i'm thinking that's the whole issue, are other countries so COMPLETELY covered with laws? and is there a CONSTANT STATE OF SURVEILLANCE happening (do they have 100 cruisers in every city in other countries just patrolling around looking for people breaking laws?)

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
i agree, it's the state of mind of the public as a whole...

i think the main problem is that we've made SO MANY laws, i mean, there's SO MANY, from seat belts to open container laws, to drug laws, to prescription drug laws, i mean.. could you imagine being a cop, you would literally see a crime every single direction you turned your head... i'm thinking that's the whole issue, are other countries so COMPLETELY covered with laws? and is there a CONSTANT STATE OF SURVEILLANCE happening (do they have 100 cruisers in every city in other countries just patrolling around looking for people breaking laws?)

england has multiple more officers on patrol per citizen and they are under complete government surviellance

just in my opinion, the US doesnt have a sufficient police presence and also the citizen base isnt committed to pay for a professional force. we just sort of expect the best of us and honesf of us will don a uniform for low pay. very very few areas offer high $$$$ for police

think about it...these guys have the ultimate last word in am argument.....and we bitch about paying them for that??? they should ALL have advanced degrees and supreme backgrounds and sound judgment.

lawyers make big bucks, and all they do is just resort the same shit the low level police create

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
england has multiple more officers on patrol per citizen and they are under complete government surviellance

just in my opinion, the US doesnt have a sufficient police presence and also the citizen base isnt committed to pay for a professional force. we just sort of expect the best of us and honesf of us will don a uniform for low pay. very very few areas offer high $$$$ for police

think about it...these guys have the ultimate last word in am argument.....and we bitch about paying them for that??? they should ALL have advanced degrees and supreme backgrounds and sound judgment.

lawyers make big bucks, and all they do is just resort the same shit the low level police create

that's actually a really good idea... i wouldnt mind a large police force if they WERE good cops... we just have 100 19-20 year olds speeding all over the city in police cruisers right now acting like a gang of roving pillagers/some sort of intimidation/terrorist squad....... i just want police to PROTECT, dont ACTIVELY try to find crime... because that's almost like creating crime yourself!! i think.. person in public, drinking a beer... leave them be.... person accidently rolls through a light...... let em be.. even as far, routine traffic stop, a man has an open beer.. but he's not necessarily drunken (see that's my whole point. there should be NO ROUTINE TRAFFIC STOPS, IF THE PERSON WAS SWURVING, YES... pull them over, dwi... but if you just happen upon an open container.. FUCK YOU SHOULD NEVER JUST HAPPEN UPON ANYTHING!!! that's what i guess irks me. because it wasn't always like that..

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
well they do have to actively find some things :)

granted a big portion of things are reactionary from the public.....but you can fin some crazy shit on a "routine stop". timothy mcveigh was pulled over and eventually arrested after being stopped only for a minor license violation.

if cops never enforced traffic laws, people prone to break reasonable laws would never follow them. speeding tickets have proven fo reduce speeding overall. seatbelt ticketa have proven increased seatbelt use.

overall these things, minor ordinances and laws, have a positive effect on society. where people get pissed is when officers fail to use discretion when needed or use it when they shouldnt.

in reality, without many laws, our society would be chaotic and unjust.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
here comes 4 pages of the brainwashed ATOT who's never had contact with any LEO in there life coming in to defend the cop...

while the people who have actual working logic centers of there brains understand what's happening, what has been happening now for about 20 years in the US(A)??? is this even fucking USA even more? no it's not.. welcome to nazi america.

It isn't just here.. Although since being a tech hardware enthusiast or someone who just posts on internet forums is a "nerdy" hobby, you are going to get responses from people who have no real-world experience with LEO, as well as those who currently live or come from societies where the .gov is infallible.

Ultimate last word? Maybe during the immediate detention/arrest, but they don't even have the "last word" as far as prosecution.

Last edited:

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
It isn't just here.. Although since being a tech hardware enthusiast or someone who just posts on internet forums is a "nerdy" hobby, you are going to get responses from people who have no real-world experience with LEO, as well as those who currently live or come from societies where the .gov is infallible.

Ultimate last word? Maybe during the immediate detention/arrest, but they don't even have the "last word" as far as prosecution.

not the exact last word...but essentially they are the argument resolver. they write the story and decide whether or not you go to jail and get presented to the prosecutor.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
well they do have to actively find some things :)

granted a big portion of things are reactionary from the public.....but you can fin some crazy shit on a "routine stop". timothy mcveigh was pulled over and eventually arrested after being stopped only for a minor license violation.

if cops never enforced traffic laws, people prone to break reasonable laws would never follow them. speeding tickets have proven fo reduce speeding overall. seatbelt ticketa have proven increased seatbelt use.

overall these things, minor ordinances and laws, have a positive effect on society. where people get pissed is when officers fail to use discretion when needed or use it when they shouldnt.

in reality, without many laws, our society would be chaotic and unjust.

i agree, we just have to get this whole idea of cops vs the public out of the mix...

i feel like cops are actively out trying to "create justice"

its almost like it's a for profit business they are running against the public.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
in my experience in foreign countries, our ability here to question and cuss out police to their face is extremely unique. i would never fathom doing some of the stupid faux intimidation " why is he being arrested!!???" in their face routines to the french gendarmes or russian police

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
in my experience in foreign countries, our ability here to question and cuss out police to their face is extremely unique. i would never fathom doing some of the stupid faux intimidation " why is he being arrested!!???" in their face routines to the french gendarmes or russian police

Are you suggesting you would prefer the rooskie justice system?

Police in the USA abuse both convicted criminals and pre-trial suspects, period. The vast majority are good human beings who want to do their job in a professional manner and go home, but that doesn't mean the minority who abuse don't exist.

As far as passing judgment from out of context pictures like in the OP, that is tough. That looks like what they do if they believe you are hiding drugs in your mouth and don't want you to swallow them.

I would be interested in the study citing speeding tickets as a cause of reduced speeding, I could use some reading material.

Last edited:

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Damn I missed this gem. Did Texashiker steal your password or did these thoughts actually go through your head and seem accurate enough to post on a public internet forum?

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002

oh no doubt Russia is definitely crazier, as a whole, i've seen the dash cam vids.. a fist fight there, is the equivelent of a fat american puffing his chest up and saying "WHAT WHAT!" angrily at some one.... it usually doesn't escalate past that...

i've also watched lots of other russian videos of things like open drug markets, wide open in view prostitution, etc, and never really see cops around at all... so i dont think it's a good comparison... different type of people.... the only real modern country you could compare USA, and it's police force to would be i guess Canada...

Europe doesnt have weapons, so it's gotta be a whole different scenario in the cops mind.

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
Nebor said:
Are we sure he's not removing a necklace? It's hard to tell, and it's just hard to believe that someone would do something so stupid as to choke out a cuffed suspect.
Not surprising @ all....... PIGS ARE WAY OUT OF CONTROL IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! (Im amazed they kept doing it WITH SOMEONE FILMING THEM)

Thats how ABOVE THE LAW they think they are!!!!! -- THEY ARE VERY SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!

They think NO ONE CAN TOUCH THEM!!

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
How about you provide the information you used to make your claim?

Hint: If you had actually read that study, you wouldn't have posted it.

the study is one of many that references people carefully choosing their speed beyond the speed limit to avoid "ticket speed"

Also, the sky is blue :p

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
the study is one of many that references people carefully choosing their speed beyond the speed limit to avoid "ticket speed"

Also, the sky is blue :p

Great, it should be easy to post the studies and specific quotes then. Good news! I will give it a try.

Oh look, here is something. Let's check it out:

http://www.inspectieloket.nl/Images...subsequent speeding tickets_tcm296-282219.pdf

Objective. Speeding tickets are the most commonly used tool to deter speeders, yet little is known about how speeding citations affect individual drivers’ behavior over time.

Well this looks promising...

Conclusions. Drivers who receive speeding citations are at increased risk of receiving subsequent speeding citations, suggesting that speeding citations have limited effects on deterrence in the context of the current traffic enforcement system..."

Wait just a minute....

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Great, it should be easy to post the studies and specific quotes then. Good news! I will give it a try.

Oh look, here is something. Let's check it out:

http://www.inspectieloket.nl/Images...subsequent speeding tickets_tcm296-282219.pdf

Well this looks promising...

Wait just a minute....

you are right, if speeding laws didnt exist, then we would all be driving the same speed we do now :colbert:
you are trying to argue the "effectiveness" of ticketing. the plain fact is that if we didnt have any fear of getting citations, wed all go faster...except for the lead foots who excessively floor it to the max regae
rdless

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
If those pictures are in sequence he wasn't cuffed in pictures 4, 5 and 6 and that was after he was being subdued by the neck.

The truth is we don't know what was going on... so naturally everyone thinks the worst.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
you are right, if speeding laws didnt exist, then we would all be driving the same speed we do now :colbert:
you are trying to argue the "effectiveness" of ticketing. the plain fact is that if we didnt have any fear of getting citations, wed all go faster...except for the lead foots who excessively floor it to the max regae
rdless

Oh man......you are something special.

Enjoy your reign as the newly crowned king of fabricated statistics and logical fallacies for the day. :p

Last edited:

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
rdless

i dunno i probably would drive about the same speed, mainly because if you drive around 100mph all the time your gonna fucking wear your car out way faster than if you drive around at 60mph...