police-involved shooting in Kenosha, WI...unrest ensues

Page 45 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
The announcement of no charges should have been withheld and not announced untill at least next week with how volatile everything is with the election and congress finalizing Biden's win today. Tensions are already high and this announcement could set fire to what is already a tinderbox waiting to burst into flames. (Violance beyond imagine)

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Very odd. No charges for officers. No charges for blake. Basically, no harm no foul except the guy is paralyzed.

There hasn't been official word on charges yet against Blake or not at this point. Technically he was breaking the law in several accounts. He had a knife and swung it at officers, which the video showed and I pointed out previously. He also admitted it on TV to having the knife on hand. He was there breaking a restraining order as well. He should be charged for his criminal actions still.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
It doesn't say he purchased the rifle illegally anywhere in that article. But feel free to correct me?

Just says he used stimulus check money for it?

Either way, charge him with the appropriate crime for illegally possessing. That still doesn't mean you don't have a right to defend yourself.

The gun Rittenhouse received was given to him once he crossed the border. It was on loan for the night from the previous information I read about it.

I also said the murky law about those under 18 with possession of a firearm in Wisconsin would be about the only thing that they could charge him with realistically. Even that I think is an un-Constitutional law and would be interested in seeing how high a challenge to it goes.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The gun Rittenhouse received was given to him once he crossed the border. It was on loan for the night from the previous information I read about it.

I also said the murky law about those under 18 with possession of a firearm in Wisconsin would be about the only thing that they could charge him with realistically. Even that I think is an un-Constitutional law and would be interested in seeing how high a challenge to it goes.

His pal dominic black purchased the gun using rittenhouse's money. Black is faces weapons charges as well.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
There hasn't been official word on charges yet against Blake or not at this point. Technically he was breaking the law in several accounts. He had a knife and swung it at officers, which the video showed and I pointed out previously. He also admitted it on TV to having the knife on hand. He was there breaking a restraining order as well. He should be charged for his criminal actions still.

So, there is a question about him having a knife, and now it's "he swung it at officers". Stop spreading fudd!:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Reactions: DarthKyrie

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
So, there is a question about him having a knife, and now it's "he swung it at officers". Stop spreading fudd!:

There is no question about the knife. He had one in hand and stated it even on Good Morning America. The video shows him swinging at officers when they had him pinned at the rear right tire. You can see the cops jump up and back when he does moments before he gets up. Jacob Blake says he only picked up his knife when he saw it fell to the ground during the initial scuffle, but officers said he swung it in their direction while picking it up. Maybe Jacob didn't he think he swung his blade in a threatening manner while picking up the knife off the ground, but his perception at that point of his actions don't matter when it comes to the justification of what the officers are doing.

You also linked a news article from August... Yahoo news article ripping your linked article to shreds for not updating even after knowing better. https://news.yahoo.com/jacob-blake-himself-blows-unarmed-203902290.html

The fact that people are still trying to defend this piece of human scum is ridiculous to me. I don't care what the color of his skin is. He is a convicted felon and was breaking the law at the time the police arrived. He also had an active arrest warrant and knew it. The police did everything right based on that moment. People defending this puke at this point are just as much trash as he is with the evidence we publicly know so far. Sending the wrong message that crime does pay. Literally so in this case. Jacob Blake gets millions for breaking the law. For raping women and abusing children. Wow good job defending this guy.

Yes I am using harsh language here because I have zero sympathy for people that rape women and abuse children. Also less sympathy for those that defend such actions unless said person is an attorney doing their job. Then all the respect for such attorney and good luck. For everyone else who defends human POS like Blake I think they are just as much of one too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
His pal dominic black purchased the gun using rittenhouse's money. Black is faces weapons charges as well.

We'll see how that turns out. If Dominic Black insists the gun was his possession, that he was loaning the gun to Rittenhouse to use for a duration to be returned after use, then he didn't technically break the law of straw buying for someone else. I can legally give someone money. They can legally go buy a gun with such money. People can legally loan out personal property. Now, if that was not their intention here, then Dominic should be sitting in prison for straw buying a firearm which is illegal.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
You don't understand claiming Blake "swung" a knife at the police the police when it wasn't true?

First go read your own article.. it says he "dropped" a little pocket knife, and he says he shouldn't have picked it up.. Nothing about swinging it at police or anything of the sort, so once again, stop making up FUDD! Nobody deserves to be shot in the back multiple times over dropping a little pocket knife. You are making shit up about him swinging it at the police officers, as for him having a knife, that is the first I have heard of it, but a little pocket knife is not a threat.. specially when he was shot in the back, which means he is walking away. So get off your "he deserved it" soap box.

Second, this is where I questioned your meds, when you said this:
Notice he wants to impeach Blake and at the same time give all deference to Rittenhouse.

I wonder why?

That makes no fucking sense in responding to me.. Besides, Blake has nothing to do with impeachment. he's not a civil servent..

Last edited:

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

For those wondering, this article has a picture of the knife. It is a full size Krambit knife and not some little "pocket knife" as Jacob and the media has been claiming. A Krambit is a fighting knife and not normally an EDC knife used to open boxes by most people. As part of the article

Police say he had a history of attempting to stab law enforcement; two Kenosha police officers say the knife was being swung at the officer in the moment before the shooting.

The investigation and the officers report Jacob SWUNG the knife at them. That is all I am doing here is repeating what their reports state. It would be up to a court to decide if he did indeed make such an action and if it would be reasonable for people to assume his motions would be taken as a threat with the knife in his hand. Suffice it to say, in that situation, it would be an easy thing to interpret by any reasonable legal standard in my opinion.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

For those wondering, this article has a picture of the knife. It is a full size Krambit knife and not some little "pocket knife" as Jacob and the media has been claiming. A Krambit is a fighting knife and not normally an EDC knife used to open boxes by most people. As part of the article

The investigation and the officers report Jacob SWUNG the knife at them. That is all I am doing here is repeating what their reports state. It would be up to a court to decide if he did indeed make such an action and if it would be reasonable for people to assume his motions would be taken as a threat with the knife in his hand. Suffice it to say, in that situation, it would be an easy thing to interpret by any reasonable legal standard in my opinion.

Hahaha.. that's not a knife.. that is a small pocket knife.. what maybe a 2"blade on that big bad boy! My normal pocket knife has twice the blade on that. go listen to your video. he states he didn't even have it open. so please.. you are making a stretch trying to make him out to be this big criminal that deserved to be shot in the back..

Police lie their asses off.. of course the cop is going to say he swung a knife at him.

Here's the thing.. "IF" that knife was used, as a "fighting" knife, as you claim it is, there is no way the officer would have seen it because all but the little 2" blade would be barely visible, and very difficult to see being the color black, as the rest is hidden inside your palm as you make a fist. What it comes down to is they found that knife in the car, and then decided that he must have been swinging it at them. it's all made up Fudd to give them "probable cause" to shoot him... in the back.. ???

Last edited:

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Hahaha.. that's not a knife.. that is a small pocket knife.. what maybe a 2"blade on that big bad boy! My normal pocket knife has twice the blade on that. go listen to your video. he states he didn't even have it open. so please.. you are making a stretch trying to make him out to be this big criminal that deserved to be shot in the back..

Police lie their asses off.. of course the cop is going to say he swung a knife at him. T

You don't seem to understand the purpose of a Krambit knife.

It is designed for gutting people with a punching motion. It is a human fighting knife. The length of the blade isn't only what it needs to be for that job. It is not designed to be a knife for opening boxes, opening letters, twiddling wood, or cutting some twine. I have folders which much bigger blades such as the Cold Steel Voyager XL as an example. The point I was making is that the knife is not a standard EDC knife most people carry around like a little pocket folder. As stated by police records. He has a legal history of using that knife on OTHER PEOPLE.

He was a criminal that raped a woman. He abused children. He stole a car. He was putting his current kids into a dangerous situation when he was shot. He had a felony conviction history for VIOLENT crimes. There is video evidence of the entire situation in this case which shows him swinging the knife at the police to cause them to jump back away from him. Shows him with the knife in his hand as he is walking around the vehicle. Shows him actively resisting arrest and ignoring orders to drop the knife and stop resisting. His actions gave police no other choice but to shoot to stop him. Even then, the police stopped firing after 7 shots once he dropped the knife. The officer had 17 rounds in his gun and didn't do a mag dump which he could have done in seconds.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
We'll see how that turns out. If Dominic Black insists the gun was his possession, that he was loaning the gun to Rittenhouse to use for a duration to be returned after use, then he didn't technically break the law of straw buying for someone else. I can legally give someone money. They can legally go buy a gun with such money. People can legally loan out personal property. Now, if that was not their intention here, then Dominic should be sitting in prison for straw buying a firearm which is illegal.

Umm, just Google it. That's not what his statement to the police said.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Umm, just Google it. That's not what his statement to the police said.

If that is his claim then he should go to jail. Straw buys are illegal. That doesn't mean Rittenhouse knew it was a straw purchase or was intended as anything but a loan. The fact that after purchase it had been stored at Black's house for a period of time before being brought out for the protest can show legally that the intention wasn't to be a straw purchase. Also, Black has done a 180 on his statements now. It could be he was originally making such statements as part of being a snitch for whatever reason. The courts will hash it out.

• Haha

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
M
If that is his claim then he should go to jail. Straw buys are illegal. That doesn't mean Rittenhouse knew it was a straw purchase or was intended as anything but a loan. The fact that after purchase it had been stored at Black's house for a period of time before being brought out for the protest can show legally that the intention wasn't to be a straw purchase. Also, Black has done a 180 on his statements now. It could be he was originally making such statements as part of being a snitch for whatever reason. The courts will hash it out.
If he loaned it to Rittenhouse that simply means he committed a different crime, lol.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Here's the thing.. "IF" that knife was used, as a "fighting" knife, as you claim it is, there is no way the officer would have seen it because all but the little 2" blade would be barely visible, and very difficult to see being the color black, as the rest is hidden inside your palm as you make a fist. What it comes down to is they found that knife in the car, and then decided that he must have been swinging it at them. it's all made up Fudd to give them "probable cause" to shoot him... in the back.. ???

That's why the police jumped back in the video? That's why on the video they are demanding he clearly drop the knife? That is why the knife is clearly visible in the video that was taken in a house across the street? It isn't as little as you seem to think it is. Why are you defending this shit so much?

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
M

If he loaned it to Rittenhouse that simply means he committed a different crime, lol.

Potentially yes, and potentially no. Wisconsin has legal exemptions for possession of a firearm for those under 18. Even the statute requiring the age be 18 is probably not Constitutional in the first place. I think with as high a profile of a case as this is, such as statute is going to be challenged all the way up.

Reactions: HurleyBird

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
You don't seem to understand the purpose of a Krambit knife.

It is designed for gutting people with a punching motion. It is a human fighting knife. The length of the blade isn't only what it needs to be for that job. It is not designed to be a knife for opening boxes, opening letters, twiddling wood, or cutting some twine. I have folders which much bigger blades such as the Cold Steel Voyager XL as an example. The point I was making is that the knife is not a standard EDC knife most people carry around like a little pocket folder. As stated by police records. He has a legal history of using that knife on OTHER PEOPLE.

He was a criminal that raped a woman. He abused children. He stole a car. He was putting his current kids into a dangerous situation when he was shot. He had a felony conviction history for VIOLENT crimes. There is video evidence of the entire situation in this case which shows him swinging the knife at the police to cause them to jump back away from him. Shows him with the knife in his hand as he is walking around the vehicle. Shows him actively resisting arrest and ignoring orders to drop the knife and stop resisting. His actions gave police no other choice but to shoot to stop him. Even then, the police stopped firing after 7 shots once he dropped the knife. The officer had 17 rounds in his gun and didn't do a mag dump which he could have done in seconds.

I am fully aware of what the intent of that knife is for, but it doesn't mean it can't be used for opening boxes etc.. you are pinning your argument on the type of knife.. it means nothing. having a history of pulling a knife on a cop in the past also means nothing. What he did in the past doesn't mean shit because it doesn't mean that is what happened this time.

Dude, you are manipulating the facts. There is nothing about rape on his record. He was wanted on a warrant for felony sexual assault (felony sexual assault does not mean rape). He also made a plea deal that amounted to 2 counts of domestic abuse (This doesn't happen in rape cases), which put him on probation for 2 years.. There is nothing about child abuse, but there is another instance of domestic violence.

"his actions gave police no other choice but to shoot to stop him".. What? he was walking away, getting into his car and got shot 7 times in the back.,. BULLSHIT on they had no other choice. Hell they could have pinned him with the door.. "he stopped after 7 shots after he dropped the knife".. Bullshit. there is no way they saw him drop anything. The cop wasn't watching his hands when he was firing the shots.. He shot him until he dropped.. not no damn knife. You are just here trying to find probable cause for the cop to shoot a guy in the back 7 times.. there is NO probable cause to shoot someone 7 times in the back.. not in a situation like this..

What it boils down to is you believe he is this evil bad man, so he deserved it in your eyes.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
a.k.a. "straw purchase" and illegal.

Again, Black purchased several firearms after receiving money from Rittenhouse. Said firearms were stored in a safe in his house in Wisconsin. The firearm Black was carrying was one purchased at the same time as the one Rittenhouse was carrying with the same money. It may be that Dominic has hung himself by stating he purchased it with the intent to give ownership of the firearm to Rittenhouse. That would be an illegal straw purchase. The fact pattern though speaks to at least a defense if he can claim that he was only saying that to mitigate any legal trouble on accident and did so in confusion. That he did not mean to transfer permanent ownership. Either way, could care less about the outcome of Black's legal problem. If he goes to jail for being a dumbass by making stupid statements to police then oh well.

• Haha

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
I am fully aware of what the intent of that knife is for, but it doesn't mean it can't be used for opening boxes etc.. you are pinning your argument on the type of knife.. it means nothing. having a history of pulling a knife on a cop in the past also means nothing. What he did in the past doesn't mean shit because it doesn't mean that is what happened this time.

Dude, you are manipulating the facts. There is nothing about rape on his record. He was wanted on a warrant for felony sexual assault (felony sexual assault does not mean rape). He also made a plea deal that amounted to 2 counts of domestic abuse (This doesn't happen in rape cases), which put him on probation for 2 years.. There is nothing about child abuse, but there is another instance of domestic violence.

He has a history of pulling a knife and USING it on cops. Literally stated in the article I posted. Meaning attempting to stab officers as well as other people.

While this information has already been posted here, I am not manipulating the facts of his legal record. You certainly are trying to downplay it though. Also, sexual assault is the LEGAL term for the common term rape. It is rape. As for the exact details of the allegation.

The victim, who is only identified by her initials in the paperwork, told police she was asleep in bed with one of her children when Blake came into the room around 6 a.m. and allegedly said, “I want my sh-t,” the record states.

She told cops Blake then used his finger to sexually assault her, sniffed it and said, “Smells like you’ve been with other men,” the criminal complaint alleges.

Shoving your hand as a man up a female's vag that doesn't want it is rape no matter how you want to spin it. As for the child abuse. The children of the woman was present when he did that act of breaking into their home and raping her. That is exposing children to criminal actions and is by definition child abuse. He does it again with his own kids when he resisting arrest in front of them while they are in his car. You need to look up legal definitions of child abuse as what he did was clearly it.

"his actions gave police no other choice but to shoot to stop him".. What? he was walking away, getting into his car and got shot 7 times in the back.,. BULLSHIT on they had no other choice. Hell they could have pinned him with the door.. "he stopped after 7 shots after he dropped the knife".. Bullshit. there is no way they saw him drop anything. The cop wasn't watching his hands when he was firing the shots.. He shot him until he dropped.. not no damn knife. You are just here trying to find probable cause for the cop to shoot a guy in the back 7 times.. there is NO probable cause to shoot someone 7 times in the back.. not in a situation like this..

They literally had no other choice. They pinned him. They tased him. He ATTACKED them with a knife before attempting to escape. All while ignoring their orders. The cops don't know the kids in that car are his kids. They see an armed man that just attacked them attempting to get into a car full of kids. They literally at that point had no other choice but to shoot to stop him.

Last edited:
  • Haha