Police incident at my school- UPDATE: another one

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Campus bulletin

RCMP Advisory
Wed. Jan. 30, 3:58 pm

As announced previously, there has been a police incident at the Bio Sciences Building, which remains locked down. All classes in the Bio Sciences Building have now been cancelled for the balance of the day.

They're offering counselling services now due to this "incident". I guess something bad happened, but I don't know what it is :(

It's really odd because while I'm a few blocks away right now, I occasionally go into that building to use some of the equipment.

UPDATE

So the RCMP has been pretty tight-lipped about the incident last week. All they said is that there was a threat issued against the biosciences building. It was locked down for some time and emergency crews went inside but no one knows anything more than that.

Now however, another thread has been made. This one is more general, but it did specify that "something bad" would happen on feb 6 (today). The threat was received last night, and as a precaution all classes in the biosciences building were cancelled. Today is going by just fine and nothing has happened, so it seems as though it's just some idiot causing trouble for fun.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Source: http://www.nowpublic.com/emerg...bc-b...olice-lock-down

UPDATE 2 Witnesses outside have called me (inside) with the folowing information: emergency response team is present, a swat team with complete tactical gear has entered the building (with fully automatic assault rifles), assailiant does have a gun.

Fully geared swat team members are checking every room in the building.

I got this from the canucks forum...

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
Does nobody care about the silverpig, or have we become so desensitized to violence in schools that we don't even care anymore?

Hopefully nobody gets killed (save the assailant). Keep us updated.

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
Can't believe the information is so vague given the rest of the campus is open to business.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: AnonymouseUser
Does nobody care about the silverpig, or have we become so desensitized to violence in schools that we don't even care anymore?

Hopefully nobody gets killed (save the assailant). Keep us updated.

no info no care

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
So apparently the incident is over but I still don't know exactly what happened. There are basically two rumours flying around:

1. Someone called/emailed in a seemingly credible bomb threat and the RCMP searched the building for the bomb.

2. Someone apparently emailed in saying they were going to "pull a Columbine" and then someone with a gun went in and said they were gonna commit suicide.

Basically all the news agencies are reporting the same vague details.

I'm all good as I'm in a building quite some distance away in the clean room. You need like special clearance and several keys to get in here. :D

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: silverpig
So apparently the incident is over but I still don't know exactly what happened. There are basically two rumours flying around:

1. Someone called/emailed in a seemingly credible bomb threat and the RCMP searched the building for the bomb.

2. Someone apparently emailed in saying they were going to "pull a Columbine" and then someone with a gun went in and said they were gonna commit suicide.

I'm all good as I'm in a building quite some distance away in the clean room. You need like special clearance and several keys to get in here. :D

Can't be too hard to blast through it.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
Originally posted by: silverpig

Can't be too hard to blast through it.

Yeah, but you'd pass buy a bunch of easy targets before getting to where I was... And even if they got in, I'd have a bucket of concentrated hydrofluoric acid waiting for them :)