• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Police: Girl died after mother forced her to drink bleach

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shame

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2001
2,730
0
71
Solution for the murderous mom: Cuff her left leg to the dmcowen674's right leg then cuff her right leg to jpeyton's left leg. She'll get paranoid and "off" herself. Problem solved. :p
 

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
35,466
1
76
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: aidanjm
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother
Over 90% of blacks in the US vote Democrat. The lady was black. The odds that she was NOT a Republican and that she did NOT vote for Bush are overwhelming.
Even ~25% of gays voted for Bush at the last election, and there is WAY more hostility directed at Bush in the gay community than in the black community. So I don't find your 90% figure to be credible, at all. Also, the fact that X% of blacks vote Democrats doesn't mean that there is an X% chance that this particular woman votes Democrat.
From an Alabama newspaper:

http://www.decaturdaily.com/de...news/041103/race.shtml

Nine of 10 blacks supported Democrat John Kerry ? the same ratio as supported Al Gore four years ago. But Bush secured a landslide victory again because blacks made up only a quarter of the electorate as they did then.

Do you like your crow cold, or warm?

Now, the fact that she's black means there is a 90% chance she would vote democrat. Denying that is denying simple reality.
Yup 9/10 blacks vote democrat every year.....Why, I have no idea...
 

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
68,145
9
81
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
First of all, what 12 year olds have sex? And second of all, what kind of parents are these? jesus h. tapdancing christ.
hahaha it suprises you that 12 year olds have sex? Where have you been!? living under a rock?

take alook at TV shows/Fashion trents/ETC aimed at 12 year old kids. It really does not suprise me that so many kids today have sex. Sexuality is shoved in there face.

Not to mention the total lack of sex education it really is no suprise at all.

 

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
9,272
103
106
Now, the fact that she's black means there is a 90% chance she would vote democrat. Denying that is denying simple reality.
You obviously have a limited understanding of statistics. If I pulled a random person out of a pre-defined group, then you could say "there's an x percent chance of her being ....". However, in this case, there is no indication that she voted at all, thus not placing her in the group from which you're trying to derive implied statistical odds.

The whole idea of this having to do with a red state or blue state etc is stupid. Please stop. There are wackos of all types in all states and in all countries. Bottom line, this woman did a horrible thing to her daughter. It's unbelievable that anyone could do such a thing. Admittedly, if I found out my 12 year old daughter was having sex I'd go ballistic too! Of course, being a sane person I wouldn't do what that woman did.
 

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
54,079
7,441
126
Originally posted by: tagej
Now, the fact that she's black means there is a 90% chance she would vote democrat. Denying that is denying simple reality.
You obviously have a limited understanding of statistics. If I pulled a random person out of a pre-defined group, then you could say "there's an x percent chance of her being ....". However, in this case, there is no indication that she voted at all, thus not placing her in the group from which you're trying to derive implied statistical odds.

The whole idea of this having to do with a red state or blue state etc is stupid. Please stop. There are wackos of all types in all states and in all countries. Bottom line, this woman did a horrible thing to her daughter. It's unbelievable that anyone could do such a thing. Admittedly, if I found out my 12 year old daughter was having sex I'd go ballistic too! Of course, being a sane person I wouldn't do what that woman did.
I pointed that out to counter the "it's a Red State, so it figures" bullsh!t.

You argue against that ignorance as well, but you start by arguing against me??

WTF?

The point is, it can be assumed from the stats that 90% of blacks in Alabama support Dems. From that it is safe to assume that the chances this woman supports the Dems are 90%, whether she voted, or not.
 

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
9,272
103
106
Originally posted by: Amused

I pointed that out to counter the "it's a Red State, so it figures" bullsh!t.

You argue against that ignorance as well, but you start by arguing against me??

WTF?

The point is, it can be assumed from the stats that 90% of blacks in Alabama support Dems. From that it is safe to assume that the chances this woman supports the Dems are 90%, whether she voted, or not.
I know you were countering the "red state" post. I'm not arguing 'against' you, sorry if it came across that way. I'm just pointing out from a purely statistical perspective (forget the political perspective) that your argument based on the voting statistics is not correct. 90% of southern blacks WHO VOTED voted democrat. That doesn't say anything about the population that did not vote. Since we don't know if this woman voted or not, we can't infer anything about the odds of her being a democrat or republican without further information.

Not meant to be an 'attack' of any kind, just my "too left brained analytical" side coming through :)
 

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
8,678
0
76
mothers here in texas kill their kids all the time :(

DALLAS (AP) -- When a mother admitted killing her baby daughter by severing the child's arms this week, she joined a high-profile list of Texas women with histories of mental illness who have killed their children in gruesome fashion.

The state has had at least four similar cases in recent years. Andrea Yates drowned her five children in the family's Houston bathtub in 2001.

Deanna Laney bashed her three sons' skulls with rocks last year, killing two and maiming a toddler. She said God told her to do it.

A mother from suburban Dallas drowned her daughters last fall, and a woman in Brownsville is accused of helping her common-law husband behead her three children.
 

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
54,079
7,441
126
Originally posted by: tagej
Originally posted by: Amused

I pointed that out to counter the "it's a Red State, so it figures" bullsh!t.

You argue against that ignorance as well, but you start by arguing against me??

WTF?

The point is, it can be assumed from the stats that 90% of blacks in Alabama support Dems. From that it is safe to assume that the chances this woman supports the Dems are 90%, whether she voted, or not.
I know you were countering the "red state" post. I'm not arguing 'against' you, sorry if it came across that way. I'm just pointing out from a purely statistical perspective (forget the political perspective) that your argument based on the voting statistics is not correct. 90% of southern blacks WHO VOTED voted democrat. That doesn't say anything about the population that did not vote. Since we don't know if this woman voted or not, we can't infer anything about the odds of her being a democrat or republican without further information.

Not meant to be an 'attack' of any kind, just my "too left brained analytical" side coming through :)
That's cool. Though I still believe that the % of voters reflects the % of opinions among an entire demographic. In fact, when polls are done they differ very little when taken among "likely voters" or all people.
 

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
36,413
616
126
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: aidanjm
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother
Over 90% of blacks in the US vote Democrat. The lady was black. The odds that she was NOT a Republican and that she did NOT vote for Bush are overwhelming.
Even ~25% of gays voted for Bush at the last election, and there is WAY more hostility directed at Bush in the gay community than in the black community. So I don't find your 90% figure to be credible, at all. Also, the fact that X% of blacks vote Democrats doesn't mean that there is an X% chance that this particular woman votes Democrat.
From an Alabama newspaper:

http://www.decaturdaily.com/de...news/041103/race.shtml

Nine of 10 blacks supported Democrat John Kerry ? the same ratio as supported Al Gore four years ago. But Bush secured a landslide victory again because blacks made up only a quarter of the electorate as they did then.

Do you like your crow cold, or warm?

Now, the fact that she's black means there is a 90% chance she would vote democrat. Denying that is denying simple reality.
Yup 9/10 blacks vote democrat every year.....Why, I have no idea...
Holy Thread Hijack Batman!!! Cant you noobs keep it on topic?
 

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
4,159
0
0
The fact that anyone would try to pin this on some kind of of Rep. fundatmentalism is really depressing...depressing that someone who knows how to type on keyboard could be so blind and stupid.

Race, religion, political bent, her demographic profile, etc. has nothing to do with it...the woman was and is sick in the head.

If I told you that the overwhelming majority of convicted serial killers, if registered to vote were/are registered as 'democrat', would that mean anything? No.

 

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
11,062
1
0
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: MrCodeDude
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
A Democract would teach the girl what a condom is and make sure it is used and in a couple of years get birth control prescription. Not sure if there is an age requirement that a doctor could prescribe that.

An Alabaman Red Stater reaction would be OMFG Jesus, she must be cleansed!!!
How can an Elite Member be so stupid?
Read this thread (especially towards the end):

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...68&arctab=arc&

Here dmcowen674 thinks that "neocons" are anti-religious marxists. :confused:
You need to look at the history of the neoconserveative movement. If you go back far enough you end up with the bolsheviks or their equivilents. (who were anti religious marxists)
 

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
54,079
7,441
126
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: MrCodeDude
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
A Democract would teach the girl what a condom is and make sure it is used and in a couple of years get birth control prescription. Not sure if there is an age requirement that a doctor could prescribe that.

An Alabaman Red Stater reaction would be OMFG Jesus, she must be cleansed!!!
How can an Elite Member be so stupid?
Read this thread (especially towards the end):

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...68&arctab=arc&

Here dmcowen674 thinks that "neocons" are anti-religious marxists. :confused:
You need to look at the history of the neoconserveative movement. If you go back far enough you end up with the bolsheviks or their equivilents.
I'd like to know where you came up with that.
 

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
21,207
65
91
Originally posted by: miniMUNCH
.......Race, religion, political bent, her demographic profile, etc. has nothing to do with it...the woman was and is sick in the head.....
Agreed
 

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
18,651
1
0
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Yet another reason to have the Death Penalty.


Nah...this calls for the "Die Slowly Suffering In Excruciating Pain Penalty"
 

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
19,048
17
81
Originally posted by: miniMUNCH
The fact that anyone would try to pin this on some kind of of Rep. fundatmentalism is really depressing...depressing that someone who knows how to type on keyboard could be so blind and stupid.

Race, religion, political bent, her demographic profile, etc. has nothing to do with it...the woman was and is sick in the head.

If I told you that the overwhelming majority of convicted serial killers, if registered to vote were/are registered as 'democrat', would that mean anything? No.
Thank you.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS