Police: Fla. father beats accused child abuser

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
Father came home from work.....single father has to pay the bill and put food and clothes on his child......trying to do whats is right and ends up coming home to this.....

I guess I would tell the Father to quit his job and raise the damn kid..lolol
So the 18 year old just dropped out of the sky to be with the 11 year old? An official news story will not tell you the complete picture. That requires life experience and the knowledge that there are so many negligent parents out there

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
Father came home from work.....single father has to pay the bill and put food and clothes on his child......trying to do whats is right and ends up coming home to this.....

Huh? So you just pull things out of your behind? Where did you get this single father paying bills thing? His 11 year old was playing video games with a bunch of older men. And this wasn't the first time either. Had been going on for years.

frowertr

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2010
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Legal or not shooting the guy would have been wrong and unethical.

See answer above.

Whether I'm a father or not is irrelevant, besides I already answered that in my original post.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it correct, ethical or "right"

I don't care what you say, it does make a difference whether you are a father/mother/parent or not. You can easily say what you are saying until it actually happens to your own flesh and blood.

He will get was is truly deserved when he gets into prison. Child rapers are dealt with harshly behind bars.

frowertr

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2010
Huh? So you just pull things out of your behind? Where did you get this single father paying bills thing? His 11 year old was playing video games with a bunch of older men. And this wasn't the first time either. Had been going on for years.

Why is this a crime? My son plays games with my friends who are mostly males too. I have even left him alone for brief periods of time with them.

I don't know the entire story but I doubt these are random men on the street that the dad drug home and asked "Hey I'm going out, can you watch my son?"

This was probably an established friend. Unfortunately, it is often we hear that is was a close family friend/relative that has been abusing a child for years before it is revealed. Often the minor is just too embarrassed to admit the crime to anyone until significant times has passed.

I actually applaud the father for not tearing the head off the shoulders of that son of a bitch. I doubt I would have had the restraint not to.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Okay I'll be the first:

Beat to unconsciousness, went too far - Should the father be charged? Yes

He should have subdued and then tied up the abuser and called the police.

That having been said I understand why the father went full throttle on the abuser but as a casual observer I do think the father went too far. In the same situation I most likely would have done the exact same as the father but I would expect to be charged with assault and battery.

Well, the father were clearly in emotional rage when he tore that 18yo apart. I will argue if you are NOT in emotional rage in that situation you are doing paranting wrong. If he were to have the good sense to think "lets pacify him, but not go overboard and knock him out", he would in fact not be emotionally involved and hence, doing it wrong.

I woulda killed that dude looking him in the eyes.
+ you'd be taking one for the team! Sure you'd get a jail sentence, but we also know that that dude will be out on the streets again within a year, doing it again.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I don't care what you say, it does make a difference whether you are a father/mother/parent or not. You can easily say what you are saying until it actually happens to your own flesh and blood.

He will get was is truly deserved when he gets into prison. Child rapers are dealt with harshly behind bars.

Possibly, but once again I already covered that in my original post.

No. No one, I repeat no one deserves to be raped. If you truly believe in "eye for an eye" justice then move over to Iran. Be sure and send us a postcard to let us know how that's working for you.

Well, the father were clearly in emotional rage when he tore that 18yo apart. I will argue if you are NOT in emotional rage in that situation you are doing paranting wrong. If he were to have the good sense to think "lets pacify him, but not go overboard and knock him out", he would in fact not be emotionally involved and hence, doing it wrong.

I woulda killed that dude looking him in the eyes.
+ you'd be taking one for the team! Sure you'd get a jail sentence, but we also know that that dude will be out on the streets again within a year, doing it again.

You can argue that but you'd be wrong. Not everyone is a slave to their emotions.

Whether or not he'd be out of jail within a year is debatable. I agree our corrections system has problems that need to be fixed, not the least of which are setting violent offenders free and prison rape. Sexual predators do have a high repeat rate and should be kept behind bars.

Last edited:

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
That was just the 1st of many beatings the molester will have.
People in prison have kids, too.

frowertr

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2010
Possibly, but once again I already covered that in my original post.

No. No one, I repeat no one deserves to be raped. If you truly believe in "eye for an eye" justice then move over to Iran. Be sure and send us a postcard to let us know how that's working for you.

You and I are cut from different clothes man. No point in debating this any further with you.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Legal or not shooting the guy would have been wrong and unethical.

i disagree. I think shooting him would be the right thing to do. Ethics? what's unethical is molesting a child from 8-11.

those blaming the father? really? damn

the father did nothing wrong. sometimes as a parent (even more as a single parent) you need to trust people. the man has to work to give the kid food, clothes etc. what would you want him to do with the child?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So the 18 year old just dropped out of the sky to be with the 11 year old? An official news story will not tell you the complete picture. That requires life experience and the knowledge that there are so many negligent parents out there

ahh yet an official news story allows some of you idiots to jump to unwarranted conclusions..........okay -- you are correct in your unfounded, baseless conclusion that something was wrong with the father......

I would bet you that the police would have filed child endangerment charges or something had the father truly been neglecting his child...grow up people!!

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I suppose the beating was deserved if the molester was a molester by choice. So often what he did was what was done to him. Personally I can't blame a molester for being a molester any more than I can blame a conservative for being a conservative. All who are asleep to what motivates them are not responsible for their actions. In the case of a molester, what he does is harm, so he can't be allowed the freedom to continue molestation, but all that is justified is to stop him. We use the courts and laws to do that. You can't justify hating criminal actions, but you can justify stopping them by the means society has created to deal with such actions rationally and not by vigilante actions.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I suppose the beating was deserved if the molester was a molester by choice. So often what he did was what was done to him. Personally I can't blame a molester for being a molester any more than I can blame a conservative for being a conservative. All who are asleep to what motivates them are not responsible for their actions. In the case of a molester, what he does is harm, so he can't be allowed the freedom to continue molestation, but all that is justified is to stop him. We use the courts and laws to do that. You can't justify hating criminal actions, but you can justify stopping them by the means society has created to deal with such actions rationally and not by vigilante actions.

You need to learn what a vigilante is.

This guy was in his house with his 11 year old son. And he called the cops.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You need to learn what a vigilante is.

This guy was in his house with his 11 year old son. And he called the cops.

I used the term to reference the mental attitude that wronged individuals should handle justice themselves, not to define this particular father as an actual vigilante. We avoid that because passion distorts our perspectives and can even create more injustice in the end.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010

Simply put.....you're absolutely batshit crazy and an attention whore.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Simply put.....you're absolutely batshit crazy and an attention whore.

If you had any real insight into human nature you would know that those who want to punish are those whose moral state is maintained by a fear of punishment, that they are controlled by both hatred and fear. You are probably one of them. These are the very folk who say they believe in God, the merciful and compassionate, who teaches love and forgiveness and whose name is used to justify and put others to death.

You never seem to notice that if the fear and hatred created by punishment worked, the world would long ago have become a perfect place.

What you leave for the world is a cycle of endless pain as the tortured grow up to torture.

But, of course, there is nothing to be done but to forgive you because you know not what you do.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I hope that crushed testicles were also on the long list of injuries inflicted. If not, he called the cops too soon.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
I'm reminded of the simple notion that if a dog bites a child the dog is put down.

Yet here we have a man molesting/raping an 11 year old and there are those of you here that think the father went to far in his beating, or that killing the rapist would have been unethical.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm reminded of the simple notion that if a dog bites a child the dog is put down.

Yet here we have a man molesting/raping an 11 year old and there are those of you here that think the father went to far in his beating, or that killing the rapist would have been unethical.

Exactly, put down by whom, the authorities of course after a determination that the dog is vicious etc. The kid doesn't put the dog down. You called your example simple and yet you can't even represent it properly to yourself.

You seem to have no conception of how a society of laws operates and why, or that people are innocent until proven guilty in a court. You don't know what ethics are.

cuafpr

Nov 5, 2009
actually if i saw a aggressively dog bite my nephew i would be putting it down myself on the spot..... same with this guy if it was my nephew he would be put down on the spot like the animal he is. (no kids of my own).

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Okay I'll be the first:

Beat to unconsciousness, went too far - Should the father be charged? Yes

Hell no, and if I was on that jury never he would never be found guilty with my vote. No sirree.

He should have subdued and then tied up the abuser and called the police.

he certainly subdued him. and it appears the real criminal hear got exactly what he deserved. Shit, even if he killed the man there would be no tears shed by me, or by anyone I know.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Hell no, and if I was on that jury never he would never be found guilty with my vote. No sirree.

he certainly subdued him. and it appears the real criminal hear got exactly what he deserved. Shit, even if he killed the man there would be no tears shed by me, or by anyone I know.

/this

IF i was on the jury he would not be found guilty. they would have to throw me off to get it.

Same if he shot the bastard. it would have been justified.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Comparing a human to a dog is fairly inaccurate.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Comparing a human to a dog is fairly inaccurate.

Either one can hurt my kid.

But the human is only attacked WHILE hurting the kid.
The dog is put down long after he's been separated from the victim and put in a cage.