Police Chief Cancels Defaced Flag

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
the whole concept of the "thin blue line" is deeply disturbing.

Officers are not apart from our community, they are part of our community, and it is the community that uses civil services that keep society healthy and civilized. The police are just one branch of said civil service.

Our government is based on the concept of the consent of the governed. The police achieve nothing alone, and gain their authority from the consent of the community.

The idea that the police are a "thin blue line" separate from society is a complete anathema of everything we stand for!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Officers are not apart from our community, they are part of our community, and it is the community that uses civil services that keep society healthy and civilized. The police are just one branch of said civil service.

Our government is based on the concept of the consent of the governed. The police achieve nothing alone, and gain their authority from the consent of the community.

The idea that the police are a "thin blue line" separate from society is a complete anathema of everything we stand for!
Well done.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Fascists love being able to use violence against whomever they want, while wearing special uniforms that make them stand out. And they love their symbols.

Same shit, different group of scumfucks.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Far too many cops have an "it's Us vs. Them" attitude about policing...and in some neighborhoods, so does the populace.

Reactions: Pohemi and Zorba

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Never cared for it and what it stands for, like the Confederate battle flag. Both should be relegated to dumpsters. I see that on a car or truck I know a magat douchebag is at the wheel.

You want to be a patriot? There's already a flag for that. If you don't like what it stands for, GTFO. Maybe Brazil or Russia would be more to your liking.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Far too many cops have an "it's Us vs. Them" attitude about policing...and in some neighborhoods, so does the populace.
I agree, but it is worth noting that in those neighborhoods the populous is only responding to the way they are being treated. They are being treated like it is us vs them so they reply in kind. After it has gone on for a few years it kind of becomes a culture and is hard to break.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I agree, but it is worth noting that in those neighborhoods the populous is only responding to the way they are being treated. They are being treated like it is us vs them so they reply in kind. After it has gone on for a few years it kind of becomes a culture and is hard to break.

True enough...but when the cops are trying to break up/arrest the dope dealers and gangs (often the same thing) that are preying on the populace...they SHOULD respond with a bit more civility instead of hate. Do the cops fuck up and treat law abiding citizens like criminals on occasion? Hell yes...and those cops should be punished...but MOST of the cops I've known in my life are TRYING to do things correctly.
(granted, I don't live in a large city...like Chicago where it's definitely a war)

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
True enough...but when the cops are trying to break up/arrest the dope dealers and gangs (often the same thing) that are preying on the populace...they SHOULD respond with a bit more civility instead of hate. Do the cops fuck up and treat law abiding citizens like criminals on occasion? Hell yes...and those cops should be punished...but MOST of the cops I've known in my life are TRYING to do things correctly.
(granted, I don't live in a large city...like Chicago where it's definitely a war)

People stuck in violent neighborhoods want police but they want the police to perform their jobs in a professional and fair manner. This is why all the polling of minority neighborhoods always comes back that they want more cops but if you talk to them they want more cops that follow the rules, treat them with some dignity, and that can be held accountable when they do something wrong. Those last few bits have been something of a problem since about forever but thanks to cell phones and body cams we are now becoming more aware of it collectively.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Is that what the flag means?

I recall seeing that flag being smashed into to capital police officers by insurrectionist MAGAs on 1/6.

I assumed it meant they would surround and smash the police in their quest for a segregated black and white country...

It meant they support the police? Huh. Couldn't tell..

Reactions: Pohemi

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Sure seems a lot of police departments have lost lock on what their job should be:

qc1ZQY9.jpg

Punisher skull on your police car? Guess who’s judge jury and executioner and guess whose life doesn’t matter.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
This version of the flag hits closer to the truth.
View attachment 47157

The police worship flags make me uncomfortable.

A couple years ago I brought this up to a group of family and it seemed an unpopular opinion.

Fascist worship is not my jam, and the way we weild LEO's in this country can often be called fascist without exaggeration

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Can we get rid of the term 'cancel' in politics please? I swear it's going to get like '-gate'.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
*squints* dope dealers? You're dating yourself old man. You know dope's legal in like half the US now right?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
*squints* dope dealers? You're dating yourself old man. You know dope's legal in like half the US now right?

Dope is a funny word. I've heard it used to describe MJ or Heroin. It's all about where your from. I didn't realize this until hanging out with someone 20 years ago, and they were smoking a joint, while talking about dope being terrible. Turned out they meant heroin

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Dope is a funny word. I've heard it used to describe MJ or Heroin. It's all about where your from. I didn't realize this until hanging out with someone 20 years ago, and they were smoking a joint, while talking about dope being terrible. Turned out they meant heroin
Ah, 25 years ago in TX (the last time I heard the word being used) it was referencing MJ.

Reactions: ch33zw1z
Mar 11, 2004
Dope is just a catch-all for drugs in general. Hell I think it actually kinda goes outside just pure drug use even (see the blood doping that was the way many of the cyclists like Lance Armstrong were doing). Not all drug users are dopers, and generally the ones labeled as such are ones that use a variety (in my experience they tend to be ones that will try just about any drug).