Police: Buffalo Bills offensive line coach punched neighbor's son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...line-coach-arrested-battery-article-1.2289680

Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer shoved a boy to the ground and punched him in the face for using his beach chairs, police said.

Kromer was arrested after an altercation with the victim, a son of his neighbors, in Florida early Sunday morning, authorities told the Daily News.

Walton County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Corey Dobridnia said Kromer, 48, was arrested at 1:30 a.m. Sunday at a home he owns in Inlet Beach, Fla. Kromer and his son returned to their house on Winston Lane and confronted three boys who were using Kromer’s beach chairs, she said.

The football coach then allegedly grabbed the children’s fishing pole and threw it into the water. He then pushed the boy, whose age was not released, to the ground and punched him in the face, police said.

He then told the boys to return the beach chairs to where they found them, police said.

Kromer also allegedly said if the young victim reported the incident to the police, he “would kill his family,” police said.

Kromer was charged with misdemeanor battery, Dobridnia said, which means he did not cause permanent bodily damage to the victim, she said.

The suspect was booked at Walton County Jail for about 90 minutes and released on no bail shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday, she said.

Interesting. If it was me, I certainly wouldn't be happy about it, would probably tell the kid he's out of line and go talk to the neighbor about it, but punching a kid?

That's a sure way to go to jail, didn't Adrian Peterson get in a legal mess over disciplining his own kid?

Seems Rex Ryan got what he wanted on his team.. a bully. Either way I wonder what the Bills will do about this.. will they let him go or will they stick by him?

Rhonda the Sly

Nov 22, 2007
Telling the kid he'd kill his family if he reported to the police is a bit overboard. Aside from that, I'd have thrown my neighbor, his elderly parents, his wife, and his kids to the ground and punched them all if I found them on my beach chairs.

:colbert:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
The article I read indicated that his side of things was it was dark and he couldn't see who he was hitting. Somehow that doesn't make things any better for him IMO. I also read that NFL policy is now 6 game suspension for battery arrest, but I don't know if that applies to coaches as well as players. Time will tell.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
The article I read indicated that his side of things was it was dark and he couldn't see who he was hitting. Somehow that doesn't make things any better for him IMO. I also read that NFL policy is now 6 game suspension for battery arrest, but I don't know if that applies to coaches as well as players. Time will tell.

That's what I've read as well. Guess we'll have to see how this goes and if he's convicted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ted-for-battery-after-allegedly-punching-boy/

FOXSports.com’s Alex Marvez reports that a source said the incident stemmed from Kromer responding to the theft of his beach chairs.

“It was dark out. He couldn’t see the people,” the source said. “The kids were belligerent and threatened him. Bottom line, they stole his property and he couldn’t identify them because it was dark out and they threatened him.”

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
He couldn't see the people, but he was able to positively identify the beach chairs as being his. I'm not sure how anyone could lack the reasoning ability to realize he's full of shit.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
He couldn't see the people, but he was able to positively identify the beach chairs as being his. I'm not sure how anyone could lack the reasoning ability to realize he's full of shit.

He would have placed the beach chairs in a location and should know where that location was.

Unless there were multiple families around using similar chairs, he knew which was his.

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
He would have placed the beach chairs in a location and should know where that location was.

Unless there were multiple families around using similar chairs, he knew which was his.

Except:
He then told the boys to return the beach chairs to where they found them, police said.

Status
Not open for further replies.