Poker question

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Texas Hold'em

If two players have a flush, who wins? Is it simply the top card of the flush(split pot if it's community card), or do you count down through it to determine winner(Top card is community, but I hold the next highest card)? I tried reading the rules, but it's not clear to me.

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
I always thought that whoever had the highest flush wins, ie if on the board is A K 10 8 and the other guy has J and you have Q you win because you have the higher flush. If there's a flush already on the board and both of you have a lower suited card its a split pot because your cards dont improve the hand already on the board but thats just me, any poker gods out there?

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Highest flush wins. If the top (or top 2) card(s) is/are shared, then the player with the next highest card in the flush wins.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Devine
I always thought that whoever had the highest flush wins, ie if on the board is A K 10 8 and the other guy has J and you have Q you win because you have the higher flush. If there's a flush already on the board and both of you have a lower suited card its a split pot because your cards dont improve the hand already on the board but thats just me, any poker gods out there?

correct