Podcast app that remembers where you left off

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I am using google music and it does no t remember where you were in the podcast

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
doggcatcher is awesome. Does everything you could ever want in a podcast app and more. Go try the free one week trial, and if you like it, its well worth whatever theyre charging now.

Sheep

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2006
BeyondPod does this for at least two podcasts that you might be listening to simultaneously. I haven't tested with continuing more than two podcasts.

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
I went with Doggcatcher, and yeah, it does this for as many as I've tried.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
I use pocket casts, which seems to keep track of where I left off in an unlimited number of podcasts. I mean, it tells me exactly how many minutes I have left in several episodes each of the dozen or so podcasts that I listen to. The only limit is that it deletes podcasts automatically after I have listened to them (I set it to do that), and no longer keeps track after they are deleted. My only complaint is that the widget sometimes doesn't work correctly.

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I also dont need it to download the podcssts, I download them with itunes and sync them to my phone

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Are you using iTunes to sync all your music and everything?

If your just using it for podcasts, it's worth trying doggcatcher. Just download over wifi. You can have it do it automatically. I can't recommend it enough.

Also not really related: this is not a test is an awesome podcast. Someone on here recommended it, and i never miss a show. Will, Gary, and norm are awesome, and if you haven't heard it yet, give it a shot.

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
I'm with nVidiaguy. I started doing it your way, Sawyer. I used Doubletwist to sync my iTunes podcasts to my Android phone, but then I went down the path of DoggCatcher and just set it up to auto-download podcasts to the phone directly when I'm connected to WiFi and I'm much more happy with this approach. I don't have to remember to use iTunes and the podcasts are automagically on my phone when I want them.

I'd recommend just trying the trial for DoggCatcher - or one of the other ones mentioned above if they have free trials - and see what you think. If you don't like it, then just uninstall it.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
I dont seem to be able to fast forward, that sucks

you can set those buttons to skip forward or back however long you want. I set it to skip forward or backward 30 seconds. OR if you want you can drag across the bar to move forward and backwards. I wouldnt prefer having it any other way.

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I have been using it and like it but it doesnt automatically download them. Maybe there is a setting I can change

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
I am weaning myself off my work-supplied iPod to depend solely on my phone for music and podcasts, and so far, DoubleTwist has worked for me; still needs work, though. Been trying Winamp Pro, but its interface is not good. Gonna take a look a Doggcatcher.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
I have been using it and like it but it doesnt automatically download them. Maybe there is a setting I can change

doggcatcher? I think by default theyll download automatically, but if not theres a setting you can change.

You can have it update when you open program/turn phone one/every x hours etc. You can also specify how many episodes to automatically download, and which episodes to keep after youve met that number.

It will do exactly what you want it to, you just have to go into the settings and adjust it.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Here are my settings: (sorry i forgot about this)
start on boot - yes
update feeds on start - no
feed update interval - 2 days
feed update time - 3 am

number of episodes to display - 10
auto downloads - 0 (i change it specifically for different podcasts, but i leave it at 0 for everything else) (i have it auto download this is not a test and the nerdist - 4 episodes)
if you want a certain number of podcasts to autodownload - this is where you need to set that value.
auto delete policy - all done episodes
play order - default

limit downloads
on wifi - yes
on power - no
free space available - 100

headset
bind to headset - yes
bind to headset forcefully - no
start app - no
connect screen - none
play audio - disabled