PNY Warranty question

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
I have a PNY XLR8 GTX 260 192 core that just died on me. It has the lifetime warranty on it. I was wondering what you guys feel they would do for me in this case? Will they send me another GTX 260 refurb or upgrade me to something better? The reason I ask is I just bought a GTX 770, then remembered about the lifetime warranty and now I'm questioning the GTX 770 purchase.

Thanks.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
http://www.pny.com/products/quadro/warr.asp?war=

PNY's Lifetime Replacement Warranty

PNY Technologies, Inc. ("PNY"), supplier of your newly purchased PNY graphics card (the "product"), warrants the product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the life of the product as sold to the original purchaser ("purchaser"), subject to all the terms and conditions hereunder.Lifetime Replacement Warranty is given to all PNY® Verto® Graphics Cards. This warranty is for replacement for like items only. Lifetime Replacement warranty does not cover items out of production if PNY no longer stocks them. (Lifetime is defined as the lifetime of the product on the market. Outdated technology is not covered by lifetime warranty if the item is no longer available on the common market as a new product.) This warranty is not assignable. PNY's sole obligation under this warranty is to replace or, at its option to repair, with new or remanufactured product, free of charge, with like or similar product, all the product's defective parts.

This warranty applies only on the condition that the product has been installed, maintained and operated under conditions of normal use and in accordance with the installation guide provided herewith. The provisions of this warranty shall not apply if, in PNY's judgement, the product has been subject to misuse or neglect, improper installation, damaged in an accident, or repaired or altered in any way that adversely affects its performance or reliability.

THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR TITLE AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, WHICH OTHER WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED. PNY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHICH PURCHASER MAY SUSTAIN, EVEN IF PNY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL PNY'S LIABILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.

SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.

THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT BE EXTENDED, ALTERED OR VARIED EXCEPT BY A WRITTEN INSTRUMENT DULY SIGNED BY PNY. Warranty coverage requires proof of purchase documentation evidencing the date of purchase (sales receipt or invoice) and original packaging. The consumer is responsible for all shipping costs. When shipping from outside the United States this will include freight, duty, customs fees and taxes. To obtain warranty service, phone PNY at 1-800-234-4597. The information in this document is subject to change without notice.)

*product is defined as the VGA circuit card.

(Rev.7.13.04)

Looks like unless they have more 260's you are out of luck from what this states.