PNC sure hosed up this National City merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Today is the day National City ceases to exist and PNC takes over. Routing and Account numbers are changing, so I need to set this up ASAP to make sure auto deducts and direct deposits and such go in the right place. I received something in the mail a couple months ago telling me that any time after 8am today I can sign in to my National City account and "we will take care of the rest."

So, I try to sign on to my National City account and guess what?

Sign On Error!

We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later. If this exception persist or you feel you have receive this message in error please contact us.

1-877-270-1294
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET.
RETURN CODE: P90009999
Please note: You must have an open online banking eligible account to access PNC Online Banking.

So I try calling that number and get a fast busy. It's a good thing I work in IT and realize the shitstorm that is occurring but I can't imagine how many morons are out there hammering both the online and phone systems causing extra problems.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
My bank was bought out by Banknorth a while back.
I go online to order more checks, and they say they can't do it since I never ordered from them before.

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
ahh crap, so my bank account number will actually change????? damn!!! i had assumed the account numbers would be the same.

edit: i can log in fine right now FYI

Last edited:

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
yeah i finally got in, then was able to go through all my autodeduct stuff this morning and change it.

Sucks that I had my debit card numbers, account, and routing numbers memorized and now I have to memorize all new ones

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
yeah i finally got in, then was able to go through all my autodeduct stuff this morning and change it.

Sucks that I had my debit card numbers, account, and routing numbers memorized and now I have to memorize all new ones

< 30 minutes of inaccessibility doesn't seem TOO bad now does it? :D

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Yeah, they changed their HSA accounts over to PNC a few months back, and their new site didn't have bill pay. So, without telling anyone, they switched the site over to PNC, and all Billpay transactions were wiped out.

Thanks PNC. I moved to Fifth Third because of that.

smittybg

Jul 24, 2001
Im a national city customer also,,, they told us in the letters that were sent out , ALL DIRECT DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS WOULD STILL WORK AFTER THE SWITCH.

Also all of your checks are still valid until your supply runs out. All of your bill pay stuff would transfer automatically too.

Yes the online banking was down for a little bit this morning but honestly i expected that to happen.

They didnt hose up anything. I think they are doing a fine job considering what a big job buying a bank would be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.