Plz suggest a good bargain for travel laptop

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
All – I will be traveling in March to SE Asia for 4 weeks. I want t a smallish/ultra-portable laptop to take with me. The issue is I am only going to use need it for about 4 weeks in the next 16 months, no more. So it doesn’t make sense for me to go out and spend $1k on some tricked out spaceship of a system. For my specs below, just doesn’t seem like I can’t find anything under 1k. So thinking about used. Can you suggest something for:

-Driving reason to use the system is for transferring large amounts of Photos from to an external HD, general web browsing and a modest amount of photo editing (Photoshop CS6 like stuff).

Need:
-8GB Ram
-Intel core i3/5/7
-USB 3 ports
-Smallish form factor. Under 12” ideal. Thus low-ish weigh. Like ~3lb or so
-Easy to downgrade to Win 7. Don’t care about touchscreen with Win 8 or 7.

NO TABLETS or iOS systems. Please do not try to suggest otherwise.

I just bought a dell Inspiron 11 Ultrabook laptop for $350. I am going to spend about an extra $150 to double the RAM and upgrade to a SSD drive. This will help A Lot, but it still has a quad core Pentium processor – yuck.

Can you think of anything like the above that I could get for $700 or less used?

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
What do you need it to do?

Without knowing that, I'd suggest a $100 used netbook or off-lease system that you can afford to "lose" if it doesn't make it back due to travel damage or theft.