Plumber hits jackpot....in Osteen's church wall

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
Happened days ago but thought it might be interesting enough to post in P&N.

Missing cash and checks from 2014 mystery disappearance turns up?

The plot thickens:

Hey, you know this happens sometimes. The person counting the collection basket money just kinda accidentally grabs a whole lot of it, starts a construction project in the church building, and accidentally spills all that cash and checks into the open wallspace before then patching it up and painting over it. Don't act like this has never happened to you before. I've done this like 4-5 times at least.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Hey, you know this happens sometimes. The person counting the collection basket money just kinda accidentally grabs a whole lot of it, starts a construction project in the church building, and accidentally spills all that cash and checks into the open wallspace before then patching it up and painting over it. Don't act like this has never happened to you before. I've done this like 4-5 times at least.

Well alright, I'll fess up seeing as if you've called me out on it. I'll admit to the fact that the last time I spilled something of value in a wall space was when I dropped a screwdriver down to the bottom of a wall space from the attic floor and then dropped a retriever claw down the same space and when I reflexed a grab for the retriever some screws in my shirt pocket fell down the same space and to this day all of it is still down there and someday in the distant future some lucky demolition dude will find it when this 'ol house of mine is condemned due to termites finally not being able to find anymore tasty primo wood to chew on. .;)

Reactions: Pipeline 1010

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Don't checks expire? Cash is one thing but seems odd to stash checks in that way.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
When you fleece your members out of so much money that a missing $600,000 is just a meh moment. I'm sure he probably asked them for more, and they more than made up the difference. Now it's just a huge bonus to find it, but it still won't buy a private jet by a long shot. Poor Joel.

Reactions: hal2kilo

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Don't checks expire? Cash is one thing but seems odd to stash checks in that way.
They would have been canceled by the people who wrote the checks after they were reported stolen.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
They would have been canceled by the people who wrote the checks after they were reported stolen.
if they were inform that they were stolen or if the church even knew which ones were missing.

depends on how accurate the accounting was.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Yeah this is why I'm thinking it wasn't Osteen himself having anything to do with it. Just a waste to hide checks.
Olsteen would have no reason to hide the money; it was all going in his pocket anyway. It had to have been an employee or volunteer. Imagine the depths of self-loathing one would need to be experiencing to volunteer to help a prosperity preacher bank his grift.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
These people are CROOKS! Osteen, Copeland, TD Jakes, Benny Hinn, Paula White and Jamal Bryant. What is even more sickening is they amassed a HUGE fortune while paying ZERO taxes. Because religion is sheltered from taxes. But hey. If you can convince the masses that heaven awaits if they only gave up 30% of their income then why not? Its disguising, and they play on people's fear and ignorance. BTW, look at how many of these pastors are dressed. $1000 suits. Huge homes. Fancy cars. If Jesus was an actual real person and alive today he would be mortified.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
These people are CROOKS! Osteen, Copeland, TD Jakes, Benny Hinn, Paula White and Jamal Bryant. What is even more sickening is they amassed a HUGE fortune while paying ZERO taxes. Because religion is sheltered from taxes. But hey. If you can convince the masses that heaven awaits if they only gave up 30% of their income then why not? Its disguising, and they play on people's fear and ignorance.
They pay personal income tax or the capital gains millionaire welfare rate on any realized income. Religious institutions are sheltered, not individual preachers.

Gardener

Nov 22, 1999
"The thought that all of those poor donors' money was lost and never applied to Joel's important ministry is upsetting. What a blessing that it was finally recovered. How miraculous that his event happened during these dark times of the war on christmas and Fauci.

Now if god can only find my underwear."

-Jerry Farwell, Jr.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
When you fleece your members out of so much money that a missing $600,000 is just a meh moment. I'm sure he probably asked them for more, and they more than made up the difference. Now it's just a huge bonus to find it, but it still won't buy a private jet by a long shot. Poor Joel.
Bingo!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sounds like Joel hires employees with the same ethical standards to which he holds himself.

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked that followers and employees of the Greed Gospeltarian would be skimming from the top when given any opportunity to do so.

They were told that Jesus approves, so....

• Haha

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
They pay personal income tax or the capital gains millionaire welfare rate on any realized income. Religious institutions are sheltered, not individual preachers.

Would there not be ways round that - e.g. if the assets are accrued by the 'institution' but in practice are exclusively used by the individual preacher?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Of course, all of you can see this eerie similarity of relationships between Osteen and his followers and the ones that adore Trump, right? Both of them use the same brand of hook, line and sinker, both of them are reaping in the green and all they have to do is flap their lips for it.