Pledge protection vote

ButterflyHugs

Sep 20, 2005
The bill's sponsor, Rep. Todd Akin, R-Mo., said America was a nation of God-given inalienable rights and that's why the country is in a war against "radical Islamists." Democrats wouldn't want to "cut and run" in Iraq, he said, "if they understood the importance of those basic principles and that inalienable rights are impossible without a recognition of God and that's why the pledge bill is important and not irrelevant or trivial."

And Republicans wouldn't want to spew sh*t that goes into the congressional record that would spark a holy war either. :roll:

Why can't they just realize that there is a FREEDOM of religion. Why do I or my children have to be forced to succumb to their God?

"This is a joke," said Rep. Patrick Kennedy, D-R.I., "that this majority would talk about God and yet not even work to raise the wages of the very people that are taking care of the children of God."

Anyone that supports this plea to the right-wing base want to address how the Rep. from Rhode Island is wrong in his analysis?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I dont support the plea, but Vic made it quite clear 1.6% of the workers out there are working at min wage. Most of them in are working students or in the restaurant industry.

Him pandering to that small of the population is kind of funny and trying to label them a majority is equally pathetic.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: ButterflyHugs
The bill's sponsor, Rep. Todd Akin, R-Mo., said America was a nation of God-given inalienable rights and that's why the country is in a war against "radical Islamists." Democrats wouldn't want to "cut and run" in Iraq, he said, "if they understood the importance of those basic principles and that inalienable rights are impossible without a recognition of God and that's why the pledge bill is important and not irrelevant or trivial."

And Republicans wouldn't want to spew sh*t that goes into the congressional record that would spark a holy war either. :roll:

Why can't they just realize that there is a FREEDOM of religion. Why do I or my children have to be forced to succumb to their God?

"This is a joke," said Rep. Patrick Kennedy, D-R.I., "that this majority would talk about God and yet not even work to raise the wages of the very people that are taking care of the children of God."

Anyone that supports this plea to the right-wing base want to address how the Rep. from Rhode Island is wrong in his analysis?
I do not see school teachers falling under the min wage limits.

Also look at who the representitive is. The acorn does not fall far from the tree.

ButterflyHugs

Sep 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Genx87
I dont support the plea, but Vic made it quite clear 1.6% of the workers out there are working at min wage. Most of them in are working students or in the restaurant industry.

Him pandering to that small of the population is kind of funny and trying to label them a majority is equally pathetic.

You misread/misunderstood the quote. He doesn't call those working for min. wage the majority. He is referring to the Republican majority in the house.

May 16, 2000
Ignorant worthless fvcking prvcks. We really need to invent a lethal virus that only affects either religious zealots or republican politicians.

Law or not, as a teacher I will NEVER lead the pledge, at least not in it's corrupted religious form.