Please Vote on a AM4 X370 Motherboard

hondaman

Oct 9, 1999
I'd suggest buying the board that has the stuff you want/need. It's what I did with the Asrock Taichi. A billion SATA ports.

So I vote Asrock 1 (because it had what I wanted)

Ratman6161

Mar 21, 2008
I'd suggest buying the board that has the stuff you want/need. It's what I did with the Asrock Taichi. A billion SATA ports.

So I vote Asrock 1 (because it had what I wanted)

I agree with you on buying the board that has the stuff you want. That's why I vote none of the above. I don't need an x370 - The B350 suites my needs. I went with the Asrock AB350 Pro 4 because I've used a number of Asrock boards for both Intel and AMD builds and had good luck with all of them. My just retired i72600K ran on a Z68 Pro 3 and was overclocked from day 1 in April 2011 until it shut down for the last time on 4/14/17. (probably not actually for the last time - it still works great and I've got all that DDR3 RAM for it and the 2600K still works great too...so Ill find some use for it.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
ASUS2

Crosshair VI Hero gets my vote because it's a very good X370 motherboard not lacking in any crucial features; it has oodles of USB ports, has AM3 mount support, has some of the best if not the best reported overclocking results, 3D printing mount support (admittedly a niche feature, but one I appreciate), contains a fair amount of features in BIOS/EFI, has a large community of users and active updates from ASUS staff like Elmor and Raja, and is an aesthetically well-designed board (subjectively speaking).

The initial bricking issue was a huge problem of course, but that's been fixed with subsequent BIOS updates. The only other downsides are the memory speed issues that are a problem for every manufacturer right now (hopefully addressed in May update), and it isn't an inexpensive motherboard.

Last edited:

TemjinGold

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2006
OP: Are we voting on the board for US or voting on the board YOU should buy? Because if it's the latter, we have no idea what your needs are...

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
AsRock 3 - With the $40 MIR, it's just a little bit more than the AsRock 1 with few more enhancements. That's the board I got.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I've owned Asus C6H (R.I.P.) and currently own both the ASRock Taichi and the Gigabyte K7. I also have an MSI board, though not the ones you listed.

I think if your goal is extreme OC, the Asus Crosshair VI Hero is best due to the support and frequent updates provided by Elmor and ASUS reps in the OCN thread.

If your goal is a stable platform for production work, the ASRock Taichi has what is in my opinion the best balance of features and layout. It's also very reasonably priced given its feature set. I've also never had any spontaneous reboots or stability issues. The "Asrock 3" option is basically a slightly upgraded Taichi with mostly the same layout so that one should be good as well.

I don't recommend the Gigabyte K7 unless you like to tinker. Gigabyte BIOSes are in my opinion the worst of the lot for stability. Provided you have time to tinker, you CAN find stable settings but it takes more work (and a specific sequence of changes) to get there.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Is the X370 Taichi EVER going to be in stock? I wonder if they aren't making many, or if demand is just overwhelming. I hope for AMD's sake that it's the latter.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Is the X370 Taichi EVER going to be in stock? I wonder if they aren't making many, or if demand is just overwhelming. I hope for AMD's sake that it's the latter.

It's been in stock at least 3x that I've seen in the past month. One time it was even in stock for almost a day or something insane like that :p

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I guess that whenever I get the nerve to commit, they aren't there. Newegg's auto-notify has never worked for me.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Taichi is landing again on the 27th or 28th I think? Expect it to sell out quickly. It's a very popular board.

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
How about a Biostar X370 GT7 racing?
60A chokes, very strong power delivery system, very

Of the options listed, without knowing your budget, the main use of the PC and must have features, it is hard to assess.
I would suggest either Asrock2 or MSI2 just because they are good all around boards, even if the AsRock X370 Taichi seems to be the best all around board, but it is more expensive.
You also forgot probably the best performing AM4 board, the Gigabyte Aourus Gaming 5.

legolas_tk

Apr 16, 2008
ASUS 2, Crosshair VI Hero.
The Crosshair VI Hero runs flawlessly. It has maximum overclocking potential. Just need to set voltage manually to 1.35V.
It is best for gamers and overclockers a like.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
I couldn't wait any longer. I picked up a Crosshair VI Hero. I still need to grab another motherboard. I wonder what the Strix boards from Asus will look like?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Taichi finally came back in stock at my microcenter, but, given that a) I'm probably never going to oc, b) I'm probably never going to xfire/SLI, does it make sense to go with an x370 board at all? I'm after rock solid stability more than anything.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
I was going to grab a B350 board for a lower end system, but I don't really care for what's available right now. I almost grabbed the MSI b350 Gaming Pro Carbon, but at $135 , it's only another $20 for an Asus Prime X370 Pro. I also saw way too many ALC887 boards.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
I was going to grab a B350 board for a lower end system, but I don't really care for what's available right now. I almost grabbed the MSI b350 Gaming Pro Carbon, but at $135 , it's only another $20 for an Asus Prime X370 Pro. I also saw way too many ALC887 boards.
i've been using an external usb soundblaster for a long time and that's not likely to change either. i'd thought about going with the asus prime as a better-quality board than the fatality k4, but the taichi seems like an even better choice from that perspective.

it's the old camel's nose theory. it starts with the nose, and then each time it's a little bit more. eh, it's just another little bit, how much can it hurt? and next thing you know, the whole camel's in the tent. or, i this case, i'll convince myself i need a crosshair. :eek:

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
I still need to pick up another motherboard. The Taichi is in my list of boards, I just got tired of checking for it to come back in stock. I was about to buy a B350 board when I saw a picture of the Crosshair and a voice whispered "EK Monoblock". Next thing I know, I'm looking at a receipt with the C6H on it :) I like the color scheme on the Taichi and C6H - I'm tired of seeing Red.