Please share your thoughts on this situation

DrumminBoy

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2002
A friend of mine has a bank card to access his mom's checking account, and a month or two ago he took over $800 out to buy marijuana for himself and his friends. When his mom's bank statement came back she noticed the missing money, and asked him about it. He told her the truth and said that he spent it all on weed, so she grounded him for 2 days, a saturday and a sunday. Now is the kicker, that monday they went out and bought him a fully loaded 2000 Maxima. I just dont understand it...:frown:

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Grounded for 2 days for stealing $800 to buy drugs... sounds about right.
rolleye.gif

mooglekit

Jul 1, 2003
Is she a parent at all??? I mean, c'mon...it's nice to have parents who are cool and all but aren't they supposed to provide discipline and guidance? Seems to me they're on the wrong track...I feel bad for the kid, without any direction he's in trouble..

moogs

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: DrumminBoy
Please share your thoughts on this situation

I think he's going to grow up thinking he can get away with anything. He probably will not respect his parents. He's going to grow up to be a pothead and drop out of school. All the while his parents will continue to support him and wonder where they went wrong.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Bottom line: This kid's mom is a moron. The kid is going to end up in jail or dead eventually if that's how his mom handles crap like that. I know if I got caught stealing $800 from my parents, I'd probably have gotten the sh!t kicked out of me by my father or grounded for the rest of my life at the very least.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
I knew parents like that when I was growing up, and I know parents like that now that I am a parent.
They are going to be so shocked and suprised when their kids turn out to be total losers/slimeballs/irresponsible idiots.

But the bottom line, she is probably too self involved to do the WORK she needs to do as a parent to teach him responsible behavior. I feel sorry for that kid. Deep inside, he knows his mother doesn't want to bother with him. If she really cared, she'd be handling the situation MUCH differently.