Please review this letter, before I send it!

Poontos

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2000
Letter begins:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To whom it may concern,

On October 15, 2000, at 1:10 AM, an ****** Parking attendant wrote a parking infraction pertaining to my vehicle, for parking in the ?King St. ? Lot #7? parking lot, with ?failure to display valid parking receipt.? I parked my vehicle at 1:00 A.M. in the north end of the parking lot, I then proceeded to the ticket dispenser, to place a two dollar coin in the machine, as I was only planning on parking for less than an hour. However, the machine did not dispense the ticket, nor did it return my two dollar coin. This did not come as a surprise, as I have seen this particular machine out of service in the past, as I have parked in this parking lot before. I therefore, exited the parking lot, with the intent of returning shortly. I returned to my vehicle at 1:25 A.M., to discover the parking notice.

I fully understand the parking attendants actions, as there is no ?grey? area, with regard to the presence of a parking receipt in a vehicle parked in your parking lots -- it?s either there or it?s not. However, due the circumstances noted above, I strongly feel that, because of the malfunction of the ticket dispensing machine, the parking notice should be remitted.

As per my telephone conversation with Joanna, who I spoke with October 20, 2000, at approximately 2:44 P.M., she instructed me to attach a note to the parking infraction, in order to confirm the conversation.

Attached is the parking notice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Any comments?

P.S. The ticket is $30, and I ain`t going to pay it.

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
looks good to me.

<< As per my telephone conversation with Joanna, who I spoke with October 20, 2000, at approximately 2:44 P.M., she instructed me to attach a note to the parking infraction, in order to confirm the conversation. >>

Puts the ball in their court. Just send the letter certified.

nateholtrop

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Yaa wangel and it's dumbasses like you that make the machines break by putting slugs in them..

Nate

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
I'm assuming the ****** is hiding the name of your city or whatever, but it'd be a hell of a lot funnier if that was hiding an expletive instead! :)

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
The fact that you spoke with someone about it and that they corroborate your story AND that you have proof. I'd say you're golden.