Please review my build so far/ Suggest a PSU/ Motherboard

Discussion in 'SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs' started by itechnique, Nov 14, 2012.

1. itechnique

itechnique Junior Member

Hey guys! This is my first build, so please be inclined to make corrections/suggestions because I know very little, and as I see here on the forums, you know a lot.

Here's my build so far.

Windows 7 Home premium SP1 64-bit ---91$

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX---$97

G.skill Ripjaws X Series 16gb (4 X 4gb) 240-pin Ddr3 Sdram Ddr3 1600 (Pc3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800cl9q-16gbxl ----90$

HIS 7870 IceQ 2 GB(256bit) GDDR5 2x Mini-DiplayPort HDMI DL DVI-I (HDCP) PCI Express X 16 3.0 Graphics Card H787Q2G2M---$240

So This is all for now. I think I want a z77 Mobo, but can you guys suggest what type? I'm leaning more towards the gigabyte version.

Also, I was wondering if you guys can tell me which radeon 7870 is best...The only reason i picked HIS is because of the design and the cooling system that they have. Some people told me to make sure I got the GHz version???

I don't plan to OC my chips, but i believe my GPU comes already OC'd from amazon, so i think i need a better PSU. As far as SLI/cross fire comes, I won't be doing that.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

2. itechnique

itechnique Junior Member

Oh, sorry for double post. But can you also suggest a tower for me to buy? What should i look for when shopping to get one?

3. Bonesdad

Bonesdad Platinum Member

Welcome to AT...you will get more reads/answers by posting this inthe General Hardware Forum. Make sure to read the stickied post about build questions.