Question Please recommend some good LAN games

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
So my new girl just told me she loves competitive games. I have two old surface 2's with intel HD gfx. Both have i5-4300u CPUs.

I am well aware that's a very old and weak gfx chip but it is plenty for many older games and even some newer ones. For example I can run original counterstrike just fine as well as some older Need for Speed games.

Anything else you can think of that would be fun for two people?

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Some flavor of Doom/Quake sourceport I think? To my understanding, Zandronum is no longer developed, but it was a great MP port for Doom. GZDoom is still developed, and there are a bunch of front end plugins for it for MP and mods and such. There are various Quake and Quake II sourceports as well.

Also, maybe Starcraft BW (Remastered)?

I also assume you will be playing on the same network, but still have internet access and able to join a server on a different network. This at least would make it easier as some games require you to be online, and may not offer direct LAN play. If you meant you specifically need to play on LAN only, you may want to clarify.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Portal should run on those, and has a fun co-op mode.

Oh, I forgot. Age of Empires 2 is a blast for LAN play. You can get the HD remake for pretty cheap, and it runs on practically anything. Or get the pre-HD version if you only have a few 20 year old potatoes laying around.

Last edited: