Question Please recommend inexpensive PSU for budget build until upgrade?

Coyle

May 15, 2020
The proprietary psu in my old dell optiplex just died and I'm planning on putting it's components in a new case for a build I'm going to be doing later on at which time will get better psu, but since this is just old parts and psu prices are so high right now--if even in stock--would like advice on a good basic psu, no gpu anything, just a i3-2130. Am thinking once I do the new build keep this cheap psu for troubleshooting, replacement while waiting for new on in case psu dies etc. My current build is costing a lot, so wasn't planning on this, looking for in the under $50 range. Thanks.

Steltek

Platinum Member
Mar 29, 2001
The problem is going to be finding a power supply in stock somewhere to buy, much less a cheap one.

I'd suggest as an alternative looking for a compatible working used Dell replacement power supply on eBay that will allow your current system to keep running until you have the funds to complete your upgrade.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

Coyle

May 15, 2020
Right, that's what I'll do then; they are cheap and plentiful on eBay, should be an easy fix and I've already established it was the psu, otherwise runs fine. extpsu.JPG:tongueout:

ASK THE COMMUNITY