Please recommend an Android phone

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
Funny, I purchase a lot of the evo select Samsung cards from Amazon, 512gb for 83$ (ur phone will take up to 2tb SD if they will ever have them that size) it only said 400gb because that is the size when phone released. I have used a 512gb in the s9 no problem. Also bandh photo doesn't sell fake cards but u can always test if you like. 17mb sounds like the memory card readers fault not the card.
Sounds almost like USB 2.0 speeds. @Muse what are the adapter and laptop USB versions? I think all the fakes (not many) I had were size related instead of speed.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Sounds almost like USB 2.0 speeds. @Muse what are the adapter and laptop USB versions? I think all the fakes (not many) I had were size related instead of speed.
Laptop USB? Well, I'm not using an external adapter. I have one right here, but didn't use that. The laptop, a Lenovo P1 has a card reader built in. It's not micro though, so I'm inserting the microSD cards into one of those adapters that come with them. Is that adapter up to snuff??? Not sure. I think it came with a microSDXC card, not sure. Well, I can use the adapter that comes with the Sandisk 256GB Extreme microSDXC card that I should be getting in a couple days and retest. I have a mind to test every dang SD card I have and with H2testw.exe ver. 1.4. It will take some time but I want to know.

I don't think the Lenovo P1 Thinkpad USB speeds play into this but I'm sure they are 3.0. It has two Thunderbolt 3 ports, too. Now, oddly, the two USB 3.0 Type A ports on this Lenovo P1 laptop appear to not function properly. I've gotten a lot of errors using them and don't use them anymore. Also, 3 of the keys are at times balky, sometimes totally balky (e.g. have to press the 5 or 6 key several times to get to register, sometimes the t too, although that's not as bad). The machine is warranted until April 2022 (even though I bought it refurb... which might have been the reason I got a defective machine!), and I'm going to RMA it. I bought a laptop to use while it's RMA'd, an LG Gram 15.6", but just sent it back to Costco because it was driving me nuts (don't think it was defective, I just couldn't live with the trackpad behavior, which was nutty sometimes, and the keyboard layout is, for me, way worse than my several Thinkpads). So, I hope to find a Lenovo Thinkpad somewhere to tide me over while the P1 is in RMA. It will get usage later in my kitchen!

Last edited:
Reactions: dlerious

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
My Sandisk Extreme 256GB microSDXC card with adapter arrived today from B&H Foto.

I put the card in the included adapter and into the card reader in this 2018 Lenovo Thinkpad P1 laptop and tested with h2testw.exe Version 1.4. The results concern me. The write speed isn't terrible but I expected a much faster read speed. After all, the card is rated for speeds UP TO 160mbps read, 90mbps write. Read speed was not much more than the write speed.

H2testw reported this:

Warning: Only 243950 of 243952 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 80.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 88.0 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

What do you make of this?