Please Recommend A GTX 780 With Quiet Cooling Fans

gpod9

Oct 25, 2012
I will be buying a GTX 780 this week. I want an excellent brand that has quiet cooling fans and will fit in my computer case. The computer case have is the Corsair Carbide 400r. Please recommend a GTX 780?

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
There are no graphics cards that don't fit inside the 400R, so that's irrelevant.

Excellent brand? I'd go for EVGA. The ACX cooler is fairly quiet, not the best but it's decent enough. Either go for the ACX SC or ACX FTW, the SC will probably be cheaper by enough of a margin that the FTW isn't worth it but, you didn't mention where you're buying from so I can't check for you.

MSI, Asus, and Gigabyte are fine choices too, all offering 3 year warranty. Avoid Zotac which only offers 2 years. Asus don't seem to overclock that well based on what I've seen and they lack cooling on the VRMs (someone prove me wrong), I'd probably pick Gigabyte (Rev 2.0) if EVGA wasn't available or as good of a deal.

Last edited:

Twitchy

May 4, 2014
I second the EVGA ACX cooling, I have two EVGA 760s with ACX and the cooling is very silent. I don't know how much louder it could get for the 780, but I'm happy with the noise on my 760s.

tracerit

Nov 20, 2007
The EVGA 780 I had had noisy fans. Turns out they run at 40% and nothing lower. You can read my experience here: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2369644

I ended up getting an MSI and the fans are super quiet, now only my HDD is louder but that's been solved by switching to a WD Red drive. B&H Photo was awesome enough to let me return my EVGA with no restocking fee so I ended up picking the MSI after reading reviews of how quiet the TwinFrozr fans are.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
yep I have the 780 Twin Frozr and I cant hear it at all even during benchmarking.