please read. gf2mx to gf4ti4200

MangoX

Feb 13, 2001
Hi. I have an older system, Duron 650@800 on KT7a and a Asus GF2 MX 32mb. I am thinking about upgrading this system video to GF4. any brand, doesn't really matter... But, what I want to know is, is it wise? Is the CPU going to be the bottleneck for the new video card? or should i get something slower? Like what im saying is, is my FPS going to go up alot or a bit, because i have a slow cpu. I know a faster cpu will do me better... but im not going to upgrade the cpu any time soon. Since my mobo support the 133fsb i can upgrade to the athlon xp at any time.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Your CPU will still hold you back quite a bit but the speed gain will still be massive - it'll be like getting a whole new computer. Also when you get your faster CPU your framerates will scale nicely as the card gets more of a work-out.

MangoX

Feb 13, 2001
Hmm didn't think of this... but I should have checked MadOnion website to compare scores. I currently have a MSI GF4TI4200 of my own. But tomorrow i'm going to take a vacation to visit my family and im going to 'fix up' my younger brother's computer. The one I was talking about. My 3Dmark scores are in my signature below if anyone wants to know.