Announcement Please Read and HEED the Final Post in This Thread

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
hypocritical, Colorado has more restrictive voting laws than Georgia. lololol this whole thing is a total fail.

There are times when somebody posts something so totally stupid and wrong I almost feel sorry for them.

This one creeps up to the line but doesn't quite cross it.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
hypocritical, Colorado has more restrictive voting laws than Georgia. lololol this whole thing is a total fail.

On top of people pointing out that this is false, I notice you haven't disputed that Georgia's new measures are anti-democratic. Not surprising given your history, but amusing; you're more upset by the boycott than voter suppression.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
When the same stuff comes from a sitting US Senator who knows better it is more insidious because it's just a total fucking lie.

Six percent of votes in CO for 2020 were cast in person. SIX PERCENT. Considering they offer almost as many early voting days as GA does on a per capita basis that's a shit ton of voting access.

Reactions: Pohemi and KMFJD

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
On top of people pointing out that this is false, I notice you haven't disputed that Georgia's new measures are anti-democratic. Not surprising given your history, but amusing; you're more upset by the boycott than voter suppression.
it is not false, keep trying you might get it right. what part is antidemocratic? the ID? lol colorado requires a photo ID to vote.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
There are times when somebody posts something so totally stupid and wrong I almost feel sorry for them.

This one creeps up to the line but doesn't quite cross it.
We need to stop feeling sorry for these people. They are evil.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
it is not false, keep trying you might get it right. what part is antidemocratic? the ID? lol colorado requires a photo ID to vote.

wrong

https://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/vote/acceptableFormsOfID.html

Acceptable Forms of Identification

Versión en Español
All voters who vote at the polls must provide identification. If you are voting by mail for the first time, you may also need to provide a photocopy of your identification when you return your mail ballot.
The following documents are acceptable forms of identification:
  • A valid Colorado driver’s license or valid identification card issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue. (Note: documents issued to not lawfully present and temporarily lawfully present individuals under Part 5 of Article 2 of Title 42, C.R.S. are not acceptable forms of identification.)
  • A valid U.S. passport.
  • A valid employee identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. government or of Colorado, or by any county, municipality, board, authority, or other political subdivision of Colorado.
  • A valid pilot’s license issued by the federal aviation administration or other authorized agency of the U.S.
  • A valid U.S. military identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector.
  • A copy of a current (within the last 60 days) utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector.
  • A Certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaskan Native Blood.
  • A valid Medicare or Medicaid card issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
  • A certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate for the elector.
  • Certified documentation of naturalization.
  • A valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado, as defined in section 23-3.1-102(5), C.R.S..
  • A valid veteran identification card issued by the U.S. department of veterans affairs veterans health administration with a photograph of the eligible elector.
  • A valid identification card issued by a federally recognized tribal government certifying tribal membership.
Any form of identification listed above that shows your address must show a Colorado address to qualify as an acceptable form of identification.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I would but from your post history you would just move the goal post to fit your narrative. so no, i will not play your game. go look yourself.
Seems like right about now is the time to retract your claim and apologize.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Trump wants you to boycott Coke but he won’t give up drinking it. Colbert(or one of them) had a picture from Mar-A-Lago of Trump and partially hidden behind his phone was a bottle of Diet Coke. Do as I say, but not as I do.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Ask yourself a simple question: if it's not a voter suppression law, why does it criminalize handing out water to people in voting lines, no matter who's handing it out? The law is so broadly worded that you could be arrested simply for giving a bottle to a family member.

There are a number of other anti-democratic measures that I'll touch on in a moment, but that anti-water component speaks volumes about the true goals. It's not about protecting election integrity; it's about making it difficult for Democrats to do the things that help them win, such as queuing up in long lines due to a lack of polling stations.

While it guarantees vote dropboxes, it also limits the number and availability of dropboxes to make it harder to vote. It shortens not just the duration of runoff campaigns, but the period for runoff voting (gee, I wonder why they want to limit that?). It shrinks the window for absentee voting and imposes stricter requirements for those votes. It even strips some of the powers of the Secretary of State in a not-so-subtle attempt to punish Brad Raffensperger for upholding the true outcome of the 2020 election.

There are a few token nods toward actual integrity in the law, but the brunt of its measures are meant to disenfranchise voters.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Ask yourself a simple question: if it's not a voter suppression law, why does it criminalize handing out water to people in voting lines, no matter who's handing it out? The law is so broadly worded that you could be arrested simply for giving a bottle to a family member.

There are a number of other anti-democratic measures that I'll touch on in a moment, but that anti-water component speaks volumes about the true goals. It's not about protecting election integrity; it's about making it difficult for Democrats to do the things that help them win, such as queuing up in long lines due to a lack of polling stations.

While it guarantees vote dropboxes, it also limits the number and availability of dropboxes to make it harder to vote. It shortens not just the duration of runoff campaigns, but the period for runoff voting (gee, I wonder why they want to limit that?). It shrinks the window for absentee voting and imposes stricter requirements for those votes. It even strips some of the powers of the Secretary of State in a not-so-subtle attempt to punish Brad Raffensperger for upholding the true outcome of the 2020 election.

There are a few token nods toward actual integrity in the law, but the brunt of its measures are meant to disenfranchise voters.

One of the worst provisions is it simply gives the legislature power to take over any local voting boards. It's a clear power grab to be able to overturn future elections.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
When the same stuff comes from a sitting US Senator who knows better it is more insidious because it's just a total fucking lie.

Six percent of votes in CO for 2020 were cast in person. SIX PERCENT. Considering they offer almost as many early voting days as GA does on a per capita basis that's a shit ton of voting access.
Isn't Colorado a voting by mail state, anyway?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I love this fight. Republicans in Georgia thought that they could pull this voter suppression stunt and no one would notice. Now, that the other shoe is dropping, republicans are absolutely freaking out. Republicans freak while Fox News freaks with spinning lies about the voter suppression and actually lying and claiming Georgia law will expand voting and make voting easier and more accessible. Fox is only mirroring the absolute panic now happening within Georgia by republican legislators. The desperation is quite a thing to witness. All of those republican controlled states thought they had a sure thing with enacting law to suppress the vote, but little did they know.... little did they realize. And the icing on the cake, old Mitch McConnell has joined the freak fest. I absolutely love it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The problem with these anti-woke, anti-PC, anti-cancel culture conservatives isn't just their hypocrisy and their blatant racism, it's that they're fucking clueless about how racism and exclusion are bad for business. Which is why the GOP and Corporate America are breaking up.
The whole thing reminds of a few years ago when I was working for a megacorp and sitting in one of the endless meetings that is the megacorp culture. And one of my peers suddenly starts ranting about why do we have to put up all this PC crap? Blah blah blah. And I cut them off at the knees. I said, because 300k people work for this company, and we want it all to work smoothly without ignorant prejudices creating disruptions. Because we want to be able to hire and retain top talent regardless of their skin color or ethnicity. Because we have ten of millions of customers, and we want their business regardless of how "funny sounding" their last name might be to you. We never spoke again and they retired a year or so later.

Status
Not open for further replies.