Announcement Please Read and HEED the Final Post in This Thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Don't worry because Biden is trying hard to add 11 million or 30 million voters to the Democats' voter base.

Can you explain this one to me in a point-by-point way that is actually worth discussing--you know, that could actually be possible? It's an interesting idea; I'm just curious if there is any kind of real basis to it.

Please show your work.

Reactions: Meghan54
Nov 17, 2019
Can you explain this one to me in a point-by-point way that is actually worth discussing--you know, that could actually be possible? It's an interesting idea; I'm just curious if there is any kind of real basis to it.

Please show your work.

Come to my house
Be one of the comfortable people.
Come to this house

Be one of us.
Make this your house
Be one of us.

You can help
To collect some more in
Young and old people
Lets get them all in!

Come to this house!
Into this house.

We need more room
Build an extension

Spare no expense now

'Welcome' -- Tommy - The Who

Let the immigrants in. Expedite citizenship so they can vote. Make sure they know which party made it possible.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
How hilarious it is, to watch “government must keep its hands off Business” Republicans struggle to justify their attempts at government action to keep a business from conducting itself as it sees fit… It’s the Hypocrisy Games! And Republicans are favored to win!

Republicans: Corporations are people with first amendment rights.

Corporations: We’re choosing not to do business with states that suppress voting rights.

Republicans: No...not like that.

Corporations: Also we’re going to stop publishing this book with outdated racial stereotypes.

Republicans: No ...not like that either.

Corporations: And we’re going to ban users that that use our service to advocate violently overthrowing the government

Republicans: No .. Stop! .. we just meant we just wanted you to dislike gay people

Corporations: About that, here’s this new music video we just produced…

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Coke signed on to not approving of the voter laws in GA.
I wonder if the former President will inconvenience himself and stop drinking Diet Coke?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Looks like he did a good job ripping them off in the waning weeks of the campaign: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/us/politics/trump-donations.html

Something something leopards eating faces?
I read this last night
Yep, they had the box pre-checked for them to make a recurring "donation"
One trumphumper gave 500 with the intention of making one donation. The grifter took an additional 2500.

"Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.
“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

The orange menace had to return 10.7% of the donations using WinRed
Biden, using Act Blue returned 2.2% of their donations.

• Wow
Reactions: dawp and Pohemi

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I read this last night
Yep, they had the box pre-checked for them to make a recurring "donation"
One trumphumper gave 500 with the intention of making one donation. The grifter took an additional 2500.

"Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.
“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

The orange menace had to return 10.7% of the donations using WinRed
Biden, using Act Blue returned 2.2% of their donations.
He drained the swamp, all right. The swamp just happened to be his supporters, whom he drained of their money.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Come to my house
Be one of the comfortable people.
Come to this house

Be one of us.
Make this your house
Be one of us.

You can help
To collect some more in
Young and old people
Lets get them all in!

Come to this house!
Into this house.

We need more room
Build an extension

Spare no expense now

'Welcome' -- Tommy - The Who

Let the immigrants in. Expedite citizenship so they can vote. Make sure they know which party made it possible.

The only comparable event in US history where this has happened, that I can recall, is the Cuban diaspora in Miami that the GOP trapped with this exact strategy, for generations, after the c. 1971 open migration event, whatever that was called.

I don't know of any other actual data available where this is something that liberals have ever been interested in, and certainly have not ever achieved with any success. Perhaps you can help me here, because it really just looks like another psychopathic republican projection of the terror they feel for all the horseshit that they actually do.

I mean. only one party in history has actually created a law that allowed a very specific type of refugee group obtain special, emergency, full citizenship status granting, of course, the right to vote. This is so special and has only ever happened for the GOP and there is effectively zero chance that any other immigrant or refugee group will ever be given this electoral gift.

It's just...unfathomable how fucking stupid every goddamn republican is to bitch about their enemies somehow threatening to do the thing that only republicans have ever done, and no one could ever do again. It's just staggering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
MLB finally show sits true hypocracy...

Moves all star game because law requiring voter ID.
Requires PhotoID to pickup purchased tickets...

damn.

I never knew that the constitution granted "all citizens the right to retrieve their already-purchased 'billited entertainment events owned by private entities!'"

I do recall, however the constitution granting every citizen the right to vote, though.

It's almost like...it's almost.....hmm. can't quite touch it... hm. ...oh! It's almost like you are an illiterate fucking putz. lol. Why do you stroll in here with this fucking 1st grade bullshit, you ignorant pissant?

Feb 4, 2009
Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
He is proud to be raising them. Brags about spending $5k a year to send multiple kids to private school in rural PA.

Must not be much of a private school if it's that cheap for "multiple" kids. Hell, my parents were paying over $1k a year for me to attend private school....back in 1960. (Roughly $9K in today's dollars.)

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
damn.

I never knew that the constitution granted "all citizens the right to retrieve their already-purchased 'billited entertainment events owned by private entities!'"

I do recall, however the constitution granting every citizen the right to vote, though.

It's almost like...it's almost.....hmm. can't quite touch it... hm. ...oh! It's almost like you are an illiterate fucking putz. lol. Why do you stroll in here with this fucking 1st grade bullshit, you ignorant pissant?

Your own words have illustrated the entire point of voter ID and why it is constitutional. Only citizens have the right to vote. Each you step up to the voting booth, have you provided proof of citizenship to determine your eligibility to vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.