PLEASE post your problems with the A8R-MVP Mobo !

imported_Beenthere

Oct 8, 2004
Overclocker's Workbench is investigating the A8R-MVP Mobo problems and is planning to:

1. Write a story about them

2. Discuss the problems directly with the Tech folks at Asus

They have asked that anyone who has experienced the Vcore, 1T memory and other A8R-MVP Mobo problems, please post to their forum so they can personally provide the laundry list of problems to the "right" people at Asus.

Below is the OCW Forum link. You will need to register like all forums. There is a thread started in the ASUS section of the forum specifically discussing the Vcore and 1T memory issues on the A8R-MVP Mobo.

PLEASE post so that Asus will resolve the defects with the A8R-MVP or a lot of folks will be returning these Mobos as new defective, when it could have been a real nice Mobo.

http://www.ocworkbench.com/ocwb/ultimatebb.php

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
well last night my vcore spiked to 1.59 while i was sleeping (the pc probe alarm sounds like an air raid siren) Vcore usually ranges from 1.39 to 1.47 but yesterday it was going from 1.3 to 1.6 almost.

And I can't run my corsair 3200llpt at 190 mhz at 2.5 3 3 8 timings and a 1t command rate. Just got a memtest error after 2 hours. It would be nice if they got asus to fix this.

imported_Beenthere

Oct 8, 2004
Unfortunately the A8R-MVP has now been confirmed to be defective in many ways including huge swings in Vcore voltage. The newer V309 and V402 BIOS show no improvement in any of the known problems. Quite frankly we all expected working Mobos but few people can honestly claim their A8R-MVP will perform to the full extent advertised. I suspect Asus is gonna be forced to recall the defective A8R-MVP Mobos and replace them with properly designed Rev 2 A8R-MVP Mobos.

There is an FTC International Fraud Link below where people are filing complaints so the full scope of the A8R-MVP Mobo problem can be assessed. Feel free to file a report so that Asus has a clear understanding of the impact the defective A8R-MVP is having on their customers World wide. To date Asus has completely ignored A8R-MVP customers and the documented problems with this Mobo. Anyone from any country can file a report at the FTC International link below.

FTC Online International Fraud Report Link