Please lock

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
lol! I see Arnett is up to his old tricks again.

If you will recall, Arnett was fired...errr I mean...he 'retired' from CNN, because he fabricated an 'expose' about the US deliberately using nerve agents in Vietnam against US servicemen thought to be traitors for 'crossing-over' to the communist side. Arnett's reporting is and always has been heavily slanted and zealously critical of any and every thing the US military does.

I see Connie Chung got picked up by another network, too, after ruining her career. Well, I guess fabricating stories and violating journalist ethics really doesn't 'ruin' your career, you just get a vacation for a few years, and after the scandal blows over, are picked up by NBC.

I guess Al-Jazerra didn't have any open positions for Arnett.
rolleye.gif

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I think he's kissing up so that the Iraqi officials let him stay, unlike the others from CNN or Fox.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
I guess Al-Jazerra didn't have any open positions for Arnett.

Yeah, but he sure has a big opening, IN HIS ASS!!!! For the Iraqis to shove their arms up his ass and make him their little propaganda puppet and disinformation spreader. I can only hope that in the final push into Baghdad that he is in the wrong place at the right time and catches a couple of rounds in that fat head of his. :|

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Rudee
Never believe a guy with a combover.
I was going to comment on that. He's been doing the comb-over effect for the past several years. Along the way, his he's gotten balder and balder. From the looks of him in the latest picture, he's going to utilizing comb-overs until he has one strand of hair left.

Last week during the storm, he was broadcasting from a rooftop in Iraq. The wind and sand were much stronger forces than his 6 oz. of hair spray that he utilized as an attempt to keep his hair in place.
rolleye.gif

I really love when the media tries to play the role of "armchair general"
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

tigerwannabe

Golden Member
Apr 11, 2001
i saw him this morning on the today show. he was very apologetic, as well he should be! he knows he screwed up big time. the networks might give him a 2nd chance, but i wouldn't bet on it.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate
What he did is called sedition.

Hmm... can't you be executed for that during a time of declared war? Time to dust off some of those little used wartime laws, methinks.

Jeffwo

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Pocatello
I think he's kissing up so that the Iraqi officials let him stay, unlike the others from CNN or Fox.

That's what I am thinking also. I am afraid, though, he is gonna have some problems when we take over Baghdad.

I hope he is made to suffer for his blatant disregard for the safety of our (and coallition) troops.

Jeff

Jul 1, 2000
Originally posted by: slick230
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate What he did is called sedition.
Hmm... can't you be executed for that during a time of declared war? Time to dust off some of those little used wartime laws, methinks.

No - you can not be executed for sedition.

<H2>16 May, 1918
The U.S. Sedition Act </H2>
<HR>
United States, <I>Statutes at Large</I>, Washington, D.C., 1918, Vol. XL, pp 553 ff.
A portion of the amendment to Section 3 of the Espionage Act of June 15, 1917.
<HR>

SECTION 3. Whoever, when the United States is at war, shall willfully make or convey false reports or false statements with intent to interfere with the operation or success of the military or naval forces of the United States, or to promote the success of its enemies, or shall willfully make or convey false reports, or false statements, . . . or incite insubordination, disloyalty, mutiny, or refusal of duty, in the military or naval forces of the United States, or shall willfully obstruct . . . the recruiting or enlistment service of the United States, or . . . shall willfully utter, print, write, or publish any disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language about the form of government of the United States, or the Constitution of the United States, or the military or naval forces of the United States . . . or shall willfully display the flag of any foreign enemy, or shall willfully . . . urge, incite, or advocate any curtailment of production . . . or advocate, teach, defend, or suggest the doing of any of the acts or things in this section enumerated and whoever shall by word or act support or favor the cause of any country with which the United States is at war or by word or act oppose the cause of the United States therein, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than twenty years, or both....