Please lock (Impeachment Poll)

Do you believe President Trump will be impeached?

• Yes

• No

• Impeached and removed from office

• Not impeached or impeached and not removed from office

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Edit: poll clarified, feel free to change your votes.

Do you believe President Trump will be impeached? Not what you want to happen, but if you believe it will happen.

Vote yes or no. No discussion here at all please. Please remove if not allowed. Please remove if people cant refrain from discussion.

I repeat:
PLEASE NO DISCUSSION HERE!

You may ask, but discussion is always allowed. You may make another thread with a better poll.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Isn't it a foregone conclusion?

Or did you mean "Convicted" or "Removed from Office"?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Incomplete poll.

Not impeached?
Impeached?
Impeached and voted to be removed by congress?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Do you believe President Trump will be impeached? Not what you want to happen, but if you believe it will happen.

Vote yes or no. No discussion here at all please. Please remove if not allowed. Please remove if people cant refrain from discussion.

I repeat:
PLEASE NO DISCUSSION HERE!

You should probably clarify as to if you mean will the House impeach Trump or if you mean the Senate will convict Trump.

Reactions: randay

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
You for some reason think impeachment means removal. They are not the same.

Impeachment yes. Removal from office no.

Last edited:
Reactions: cytg111 and KMFJD

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Impeachment yes. Removal from office no, Republicans fall in line and have no spine

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
The impeachment is an almost definite. Unfortunately Trump could rape and murder Mitch McConnell's wife on the floor of the Senate live on CSPAN and maybe 1 or 2 Republicans votes would switch to removal from office.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Thanks guys, updated the poll. Unfortunately im not sure if i can remove the yes or no options. :(

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Impeached and not removed from office seems like the nearly foregone conclusion.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I'm going for the long bet, impeached and removed from office (or he quits, whatever). I don't think Senate Republicans want to set a precedent that this is acceptable behavior from the executive, I don't think they want their names on a line that says they approve of it, and I think they want to kibosh the whole notion that investigations of the executive branch can be wiffle waffled around for months/years with no actual resolution.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I'm going for the long bet, impeached and removed from office (or he quits, whatever). I don't think Senate Republicans want to set a precedent that this is acceptable behavior from the executive, I don't think they want their names on a line that says they approve of it, and I think they want to kibosh the whole notion that investigations of the executive branch can be wiffle waffled around for months/years with no actual resolution.

I completely disagree. The game plan here is to let Trump get away with it and then let the court cases finish up, making it clear that the obstruction that Trump used to get away with it is illegal, making it impossible for Democrats to do the same thing in the future. In the future Republicans, if it is even a issue, will simply say that they could not remove a President from office with out clear information that what he did was wrong, and it took until long after he was out of office to get that cleared up but if the vote was held again today they would certainly vote to remove him, but couldn't at the time.

Reactions: KMFJD

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I completely disagree. The game plan here is to let Trump get away with it and then let the court cases finish up, making it clear that the obstruction that Trump used to get away with it is illegal, making it impossible for Democrats to do the same thing in the future. In the future Republicans, if it is even a issue, will simply say that they could not remove a President from office with out clear information that what he did was wrong, and it took until long after he was out of office to get that cleared up but if the vote was held again today they would certainly vote to remove him, but couldn't at the time.
That would be an imbecilic defense but I wouldn't put it past them. Certainly possible!

Nov 29, 2006
He will be impeached by the DEM house no doubt, and will no doubt not be removed from office by the spineless GOP senate.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Hey who is the other “remove from office” vote?
Also, I hope one R will show spine and then its dominos all the way down..

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
should i remake the thread and mods can delete this one?
we'd lock it. your choice. i'd probably make the options:
1) no
2) yes and acquitted
3) yes and removed
4) yes and some other outcome (quit)

i think that covers the bases

Reactions: randay

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Impeached and immune from removal.

This should not be a surprise to anyone. The Mueller Report all but guaranteed an obstruction article of impeachment, but Pelosi resisted. That calculus changed with the Ukraine scandal. As soon as a formal inquiry was opened, everyone knew he’d be impeached in the House, with or without all the damning evidence that came out in the hearings. Also, it was well understood that Republicans would resist removal from office at any cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.