Please Help with WD-73842

Discussion in 'Audio/Video & Home Theater' started by hennessy1, Jan 4, 2013.

1. hennessy1

hennessy1 Golden Member

Just got a new DLP trying to put it in a friends house. Door way is a little smaller than he thought. Is there a way I can take off the rear cabinet to just reduce the size or even the front screen?

2. NutBucket

NutBucket Lifer

Yikes. Uh, there's no official way to take it apart for transportation purposes so anything you do is at your own risk. How is it not fitting?

3. hennessy1

hennessy1 Golden Member

The angle that it needs to get into the doorway won't allow the full length of it to come in it gets stopped at the door frame.

4. vshah

vshah Lifer

seems like mspaint diagram is required.

that said, you could try putting it on it's side so that it'll clear whatever is blocking it on the other side of the door

is there no other door into his house?

5. NutBucket

NutBucket Lifer

Yeah, I would think rotating it 90 degrees would give you a better chance of angling it through the doorway.

6. hennessy1

hennessy1 Golden Member

Would putting it onto its side be ok? Thay idea was thrown out but i didnt want to because I thought doing that would break somthing inside. Any specific precautions? We were able to get it in the house bit the room he wants it in is at the end of a hallway which does not allow for any great amount of turning room.

7. NutBucket

NutBucket Lifer

Should be fine on its side.

8. hennessy1

hennessy1 Golden Member

Should I be ok with the weight on the frame like that or just have a number of hands holding it so it never rests on the side?

9. hennessy1

hennessy1 Golden Member

Ok so we were able to turn it on it's side onto a few blankets. Got it moved in and everything turned on ok and picture still seems good as well. Thank you all very much for your help I really appreciate it.