Please help with Roku2 and old sony tv

abroku

Jun 1, 2016
This is my problem :
TV = Sony KP-57HW40 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xQpFT7o63a9/p_15857HW40/Sony-KP-57HW40.html

ROKU 2

TV Remote : RM - Y909

I already have a s-video to hdmi converter hooked up to my tv.

The problem is that I cannot get ROKU started on my tv screen. I have no clue onto how to switch on the roku input. The Tv/Video button does not help.

I have tried all options on the tv remote and almost frustrated.

Please help me anyone. I would be super glad.
Thanks.

Kartajan

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2001
Where is it plugged in to the TV?
Rear Panel?
Video 1 Input: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]stereo RCA jacks, RCA composite video jack and S-video jack[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Video 3 Input: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]stereo RCA jacks, RCA composite video jack and S-video jack[/FONT]
Front Panel?
Video 2 Input:[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] stereo RCA jacks, RCA composite video jack and S-video jack[/FONT]

Is your converter s-video to hdmi (won't work for what you want) or hdmi to s-video (this is what you need to get Roku -> your TV), also does the hdmi to s-video converter also convert your audio to something you can use?

abroku

Jun 1, 2016
Thank you for the reply Kartajan.

Its plugged into the front panel.
And yes my converter is s-video to hdmi. you are right I need the other way around. yes the converter does have separate cords for audio and video.

I have already ordered hdmi-svideo converter after reading your comment and should arrive tomorrow.

I will update you then. :)
Thanks for the quick reply.

abroku

Jun 1, 2016
It worked...
I replaced the s-video to HDMI converter with HDMI to S-video converter and it worked like magic..
Thanks for pointing it out Kartajan..I feel so stupid being an engineer..lol
Have fun..cheers..!!