Please help with 4870x2 and aa in ccc

lakerstowin

Dec 23, 2008

My problem is that no matter what I try I cant get aa to work with my x2 9.6 drivers.I have spent hours and hours trying different stuff.I bought this card for over 300 to be able to use higher aa settings.With nvidia at least I had some aa settings.I play nba, mlb 2k9 and damnation right now and I cant get any aa settings other then the ones in game and damnation has none!My crossfire seems to work fine on all games but no aa on anything.Any help would be appreciated.

My system is as follow:

e8500 at 4.1, asus p5ke, 2 gb pc9600, ssd drive, 300 gb raptor, ati 4870x2, windows xp 32

Craig

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
There are games that do not support AA. And even forcing it from CCC it will still not work. You could try using d3d overrider from Riva Tuner, to force AA in your games. I'm using it to always have Vsync forced out, in every game I play.

Oh and take damnation, uninstall it and throw the DVD as far as possible since it's one of the worst games of the year. ;)

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Make sure you are setting box AA in the CCC, don't worry about the other filters. It is better to use the in game AA settings and leave AA in the CCC on 'application preference' to avoid conflicts anyway.

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
Some games doesn't work with AA... because after the frame is processed... some effects are added like some special shader... but the information about the edges is lost... with out that info the gpu is unable to build up the AA.... try using the Edge Detect option in your CCC... if that doesn't work... then the rivatuner stuff or other tool...

lakerstowin

Dec 23, 2008
Thanks for the info, if there is more guys please keep it coming.I tried tray tools but it didnt do a thing.I am going to give rt a shot.

Craig