Please Help Me Understand

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
I am in Austin for a week of Dell SAN training. I booked my flights with American. So know with all the crap with all the AA flights being canceled. I fly out on Friday so I just went and checked my flight status and everything looks good and setup e-mail alerts to be sent to my crackberry if anything changes etc. It just amazes me when I am watching TV when I see these people that show up to the airport and then complain that there flight was canceled and nobody told them. One lady was complaining that they should have called here. Well you can setup alerts on the website for AA to automatically call you with your flight status and if anything changes etc. I just don't understand why some people just cannot take responsibility for themselves.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well, this is new, so new most have not even heard of it. So any complaints prior escape your criticism.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Some people don't have cell phones (I don't by choice) and when traveling have no way to recieve updates.

BUT the can call ahead to see flight status before leaving hotel, but once they leave they wont know the flight is cancelled until they arrive at airport.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
Well, this is new, so new most have not even heard of it. So any complaints prior escape your criticism.

Would you show up to a airport for a flight without checking your flight status first?

MegaVovaN

Diamond Member
May 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Brovane

Would you show up to a airport for a flight without checking your flight status first?

Ya I do it all the time.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: MegaVovaN

Ya I do it all the time.

so does like 99% of the people that fly

ive flown a bunch and ive never called ahead to check on the status :eek:

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Anubis

Ya I do it all the time.

Yeah..same thing, I just go.

I show up early, go through security, sit around, get on a plane.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

Ya I do it all the time.

Ahh I think I see the problem. I never fly without checking my flight status before I depart to the airport. I have found that it just saves time and aggravation.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006

Ya I do it all the time.

Ahh I think I see the problem. I never fly without checking my flight status before I depart to the airport. I have found that it just saves time and aggravation.

To me it wastes time, my flights are on-time 99% of the time, so I don't make the extra legwork just to make sure things work like they should.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: TruePaige

Ya I do it all the time.

To me it wastes time, my flights are on-time 99% of the time, so I don't make the extra legwork just to make sure things work like they should.

Yeah it depends on how much you fly I guess. I'm out of town once a month, so I just head to airport not thinking about it. If you flew more, it would be less and less of a thing to worry about.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

I fly once every few years. Unless there's some severe weather or something, I wouldn't bother checking.

May 31, 2001

No. I almost always call to check, or check online.