Please help me understand my 2405

digitalduck

Nov 24, 2003
Ok, Ive had my 2405 for about a week now and I just now have tried to hook up my DVR to the monitor and see what kind of results I would have and I guess there are still a few things I dont understand about this monitor or HD or both because im just not getting the results I was hoping for. All in all I love this monitor for gaming and high res images, but can you explain what im doing wrong in terms of everything else?

Ok, I tried first hooking up my DVR since it has component and DVI out and my cable provider has a few hd channels on their lineup so I wanted to see what it would look like, knowing that s-video would look like crap I first tried DVI, forgetting about the whole HDCP thing I got the message telling me that the monitor is not complient and then the screen went black. So then I switched to component and went to the local NBC HD channel and the result I got was THIS the image was just like it would look like on regular tv in fact it was worse and notice the choppy white bar across the top. Also why was it so compact like that?

Basically I want to know how to get the most out of this monitor..I know its great for games, but I want to use it for HD as well if possible. When I tested it I just ran it directly from the DVR to the monitor. Was I missing something?

I dont fully understand the whole 1080p thing or how it applies to HDTV and this monitor but either way if it looks like that I guess I wont be watching it on it... what can I do? thanks :) I look forward to reading your replies

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
My guess is that there is a setting to change the resolution of the monitor when using component inputs. Have you searched around in the menu?

Madellga

Sep 9, 2004
It is good for computer stuff, but XBOX and TV/SAT don't look so nice. My "easy" explanation is that those signals carry much noise and have much lower resolution than the native monitor resolution.

It is like getting a small picture and zooming it 4x. It gets blocky.