Please Give My Song A Listen -- Who's Watching Over Who's Watching Over You?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
heh heh. I guess I don't post much anymore. Between 50-60hr weeks (plus commute) and my daughter's field hockey, not much time left for surfing.

I was thinking Ebony Eyes, Bob Welch, at first but then it hit me, Imaginary Lover. I need to get that into MP3 ;)

Harvey, have you played this for an audience yet?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: conjur
Harvey, have you played this for an audience yet?
Yes, for some small gatherings. I played it at a jam that included a guitar player friend who helped me record and mix it and another bass player friend who'd heard an earlier mix and honored me by learning the tune on his own time before the jam.

That's me playing keyboards, and I can perform the piano part and sing it live. :music: :cool:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
It may be a political song but its also very amatuerish....12 thumbs down@@!!
You'd have to pull them out of your ass first, and then what would you have to smile about??

The few dead enders posting here remind me of the manly OT'ers who pretend this or that female movie star is below their olympian standards.

You must be devasted by them, Harvey. . . and with only your residuals and subsequent celebrity to console you! ;)

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
It may be a political song but its also very amatuerish....12 thumbs down@@!!
You'd have to pull them out of your ass first, and then what would you have to smile about??

The few dead enders posting here remind me of the manly OT'ers who pretend this or that female movie star is below their olympian standards.

You must be devasted by them, Harvey. . . and with only your residuals and subsequent celebrity to console you! ;)
Thanks for the kind words. Glad some liked it.

No, I'm not devastated by JEDIYoda's comment. A couple of posts ago, I asked him to post a link to his song to show us how it's done. Ya know, I was hoping to learn something about music and lyrics from him, but we seem to be stuck here still waiting for him to show. :roll: :laugh:

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey

No, I'm not devastated by JEDIYoda's comment. A couple of posts ago, I asked him to post a link to his song to show us how it's done. Ya know, I was hoping to learn something about music and lyrics from him, but we seem to be stuck here still waiting for him to show. :roll: :laugh:

He's probably smart enough to know that if you can't sing you shouldn't make a song on your pc in your basement and expect it be an internet sensation via anadtech forums and then offer to play the song at events.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Corbett
He's probably smart enough to know that if you can't sing you shouldn't make a song on your pc in your basement and expect it be an internet sensation via anadtech forums and then offer to play the song at events.
LOL! I'm not sure if you're referring to me or to JEDIYoda, but if he thinks he's knowlegable enough to call it "amateurish," he should at least be able to explain why he thinks so and write, sing or play some more "professional" examples. So far, he hasn't even come back to give us examples by anyone else, let alone his own efforts. :p