Please explain good behavior

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
The "THIS SICK SOB!" thread made me think of this. It says the guy was sentenced to 25 years at one point but only served 16 because of good behavior.

I totally don't understand this. If you were sentenced for a certain time for your bad behavior, why the fuck should you get out for being "good" in jail? It's not like there's a whole fucking lot he can do while in jail. It's not like he can really commit more of the same crimes while in jail anyway, so how is that any proof that he is good? Isn't it pretty much what most prisoners want is to be good so they don't have to spend more time than they were sentenced, anyway?

Obviously the judge decided that the punishment was appropriate, so why should he get out for "good behavior"? And what makes it worse, this happened on his fucking 3rd or 4th time in prison! hello!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

He already proved he couldn't be good several times already, what makes them think he's "good" now?

dugweb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
the state wants there to be some incentive to not act like a wild cave man while doing time.

Jun 4, 2005
That's the only way they can control the inmates. Otherwise there would be constant riots and all that shit. This way, they say "don't get involved and you'll get x years off your sentence." I imagine the sentence handed out by a judge is serving time + the padding for good behavior.

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: pontifex
The "THIS SICK SOB!" thread made me think of this. It says the guy was sentenced to 25 years at one point but only served 16 because of good behavior.

I totally don't understand this. If you were sentenced for a certain time for your bad behavior, why the fuck should you get out for being "good" in jail? It's not like there's a whole fucking lot he can do while in jail. It's not like he can really commit more of the same crimes while in jail anyway, so how is that any proof that he is good? Isn't it pretty much what most prisoners want is to be good so they don't have to spend more time than they were sentenced, anyway?

Obviously the judge decided that the punishment was appropriate, so why should he get out for "good behavior"? And what makes it worse, this happened on his fucking 3rd or 4th time in prison! hello!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

He already proved he couldn't be good several times already, what makes them think he's "good" now?

He can still rape, kill, batter, and assault in jail.