Please critique my website and logo...

AFB

Lifer
Jan 10, 2004
Current
New

I know that I'm most likely violating many IP laws with the first one, so I made the second one. This is only used for mail and for pictures for networking help. I am trying to go with barebones and very simple.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
did j00 know that critique isn't a verb and it is very widely used incorrectly as such? :D

anyhow, the first one looked blah, the second one is nice with the green, but if it were me, i'd do something like

ehemdeef@nb0ydotcom

with the dot being in green.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
I'll give you an honest evaluation if you tell me what the purpose of the website is. Is it just a personal homepage? Will there be a blog? Is the site going to be used to conduct business? What?

AFB

Lifer
Jan 10, 2004
Originally posted by: sonambulo
I'll give you an honest evaluation if you tell me what the purpose of the website is. Is it just a personal homepage? Will there be a blog? Is the site going to be used to conduct business? What?

Like I said, I just use it for a personal e-mail and a place for me to have pictures and files for the networking forum. I may use it for school files too. (So just a personal file site.)

Edit: Yes I know it is simple, I lke it that way.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
Ok, then I would recommend you change your typeface. I'm assuming you're going to keep the black/white/green color scheme with the website? It can work if you beef up on the green more. You see how on the official AMD website they smeared palettes and added the standard blue, gold, and daisy-yellow? Don't do that.

It's got potential, oh yes. It just needs a bit of tweaking. Good luck!

AFB

Lifer
Jan 10, 2004
Originally posted by: sonambulo
Ok, then I would recommend you change your typeface. I'm assuming you're going to keep the black/white/green color scheme with the website? It can work if you beef up on the green more. You see how on the official AMD website they smeared palettes and added the standard blue, gold, and daisy-yellow? Don't do that.

It's got potential, oh yes. It just needs a bit of tweaking. Good luck!

Thank you :heart:

kmac1914

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2002
only problem i saw was when i clicked on pictures and got the 403 error, i thought the hand was flipping me off at first....

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
Is it possible to get in trouble just by the fact you have AMD in their plus the same color scheme? Yes, I know just the dot is green but it's still green/black like AMD

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: melly
did j00 know that critique isn't a verb and it is very widely used incorrectly as such? :D

anyhow, the first one looked blah, the second one is nice with the green, but if it were me, i'd do something like

ehemdeef@nb0ydotcom

with the dot being in green.
?

CaptainKahuna

Platinum Member
May 19, 2002
www.billda.com
I know this is nitpicky, but you forgot to close your <head> tag on the "Current" site. I don't think this is a big deal, it looks fine, but just as a point of info.